What are the odds I screw this up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mangled one of my receiver antenna. Looks soldered then glued in. What are the odds a guy who sucks at sodering gets this right? Just chuck it or make the attempt if I can source a new antenna?

View attachment 74975
Cheap bastard aren't ya. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Is it worth the chance of a runaway ? Receivers are cheap in the grand scheme of things.
Mangled one of my receiver antenna. Looks soldered then glued in. What are the odds a guy who sucks at sodering gets this right? Just chuck it or make the attempt if I can source a new antenna?

View attachment 74975

Yeah I'm on a roll.

Is this like a Magic 8 Ball question? Shakes the 8 ball. The Answer .... The Odds are good. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
You guys are funny, it's a coaxial cable just likes it's always been. There are external and internal antenna versions, along with duel antenna versions. I have a duel one in the 5ive t. The biggest thing that would hamper range on the internal antenna models is a metal box surrounding them. There no new wizardry working here. Still need to attach the signal wire then attach the shielding "wire". How the heck do you think they do it at the factory? Wave a magic wand and poof it's magically attached 🤦😂

Its fiber optic no more copper
Wrong . It's just a coax. The issue is that ,that board has some form of conformal coat over it for water proofing. So you need to figure out how to remove it. Then you need to un-solder the coax with out damaging the pads . If you're good at soldering it's not to hard. If you're not you're screwed and possibly lift the pads which can destroy the board. . Then you get to solder the new coax on.

Or you can spend 35 dollars and buy a new receiver.

Honestly when I first read this I thought he was talking about some expensive like 60-70 dollar reciever. And it's really 35, in which case just buh a new one, its not worth it, even If it was an expensive reciever. The rig costs so much more.

Honestly when I first read this I thought he was talking about some expensive like 60-70 dollar reciever. And it's really 35, in which case just buh a new one, its not worth it, even If it was an expensive reciever. The rig costs so much more.
Just guessing the price of the reciever. My recievers for the Futaba and NB4 are in the 35 dollar range. I may have paid 40 for the 10 channel I can't remember.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks