What radios are you guys using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 3
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 3
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    152 KB · Views: 3
Trouble with the sticks around at the moment is they're 6 or 7 channels for helis and that makes them a bit exxy.
Hardly ever see a 3CH one.
Yeah cant say I look for them with that few channels lol. Im sure a 4 channel can be had. Just threw it out there as an option. It's a good radio for a reasonable price. I'd rather have a futaba but they are just too expensive for how often I get to fly. I would still.highly reccomend the 3pv or 4pv futaba radios for land use.

I'm not a fan of spektrum for land use but this is what I use for my helis

+1 That's the one I use for my helis as well. Did you do the backlight mod on yours? I was always running at night, so it was kind of a required mod for me. Sure does look nice during the day too though.

I think I'd have a tough time using a stick Tx for land use. Just so used to the wheel and trigger at this point. I might get adventurous some day and give it a spin just to see how many crashes I can manage. ?

The stock stuff ,haven't had no issues an really don't get none of my RC's too far out were I cant tell weather
they are coming or going!....:cool:

Yeah, I haven't even begun to use all the options on the 3pks, so I haven't had reason to move to a newer model. The only drawback is that I can't go LiPo on the Rx without running the risk of frying it due to over-voltage. But hey, I haven't had an issue with my steering servo being underpowered running on a LiFe battery and the current crop of 1/4 scale servos are even stronger at 6v than my current one.

Plus, the damn thing looks like something straight out of Battletech!

Mine is using the 2.4Ghz module, so it doesn't have that telescoping antenna poking out the top.

Last edited:
Ko-Propo eurus with their 2.4ghz module (And converted to lipo) with kr409 and kr211 recievers. I think this is going to be my last radio. I have tried many, I have loved just one. This one.
If this one dies on me beyond repair, I am getting another eurus or wait for them to come up with a new less modular line.

@Sean. Take a look at ko-propo EX-2. As usual their stuff can be modified to the moon and back and one of their offerings is combined pistol and stick control. Take a look here:

https://www.robitronic.com/en/ex-2-kiy.html

Ko propo has always been innovators, the pistol grip we all use is their invention. So it makes perfect sense that it is ko propop that makes something like this. I love their stuff but its unreasonably pricey, even if its good and this EX-2 model (and EX1) has a fatal flaw to me. Due to its modular build, the plastic squueks something awful and makes it sound and feel like something its not. Cheap. Its odd because all their old stuff was military grade. Their poop could survive 5 year old boy. Im not so certain about the EX1 and 2.

Last edited:
I used FrSky 2.4G ACCST Taranis Q X7, which was recommended after searching on Google. The quality is absolutely fantastic, and this transmitter is very easy to take apart and modify , and I basically plug and play with a 2S battery , so that I don't need to chew through 6 AA batteries.

Connecting to your PC is easy, only need a USB to USB Mini-B connector, and you can be flying in your favorite.

I was wondering why soo many members on here use so many different radios.I understand trying to get the most life out of the receivers purchased but some users go beyond three radios and that seems like you must be holding on to the radios for a really long time or you are purchasing new radios faster than I originally thought would be the norm?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks