What was your very first hobby grade RC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tamiya and Kyosho were huge back in the day. I never had a Kyosho though. Had a ton of Tamiya's, had a Marui Big Bear, Schumacher Cat 4wd a Top Cat, which I wish I still had... I know they reissued it, but they didn't make many of the originals. That front end design was a mess lol. I still have my Thunder Tiger EK4 Monster truck that came with a .70 heli engine. And I have a couple Mugen MBX 1/8 nitro buggies. They are all sitting in totes in my basement, haven't ran them in over a decade.
Sorry to bother you but would you be willing to part with your ek?

The Tamiya Blazing Blazer. Redid it with all bearings, then never used it. Sold it in the '90's for $800 and shipped it to Europe, paid for my first Baja.
Had a Grasshopper and a Subaru Brat too, but after.

Attachments

• blazinblazer1.png
    blazinblazer1.png
    623.3 KB · Views: 3
mine was the golden arrow from radio shack. the first hobby grade was traxxas rustler, hpi baja 5b first gas, losi eight 1st nitro

Around 1980 something my parents gave me a Tamiya Frog with a Futaba magnum Jr radio. I had that car tucked away in a box up until about 8 years ago when it was stolen from my parents house.

My first off road race car was a Team Associated RC10
First road car was a Team Associated RC10L with a T-bird body
First touring car was Tamiya TA02, from there I went to Yokomo, then to X-ray
First Nitro was a 1/10th HPI car.... I don't remember the model I just remember it was a short wheel base with a VW Golf body. It had a 2 speed and was squirrely AF on the track

But yeah it all started with the Frog :p

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks