Which degree toe-in and bearings for the Hostile One-Piece Rear Hub Carriers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neeper

I'm looking at getting the Hostile One-Piece Rear Hub Carriers for my Baja 5b rears and wanted to get people's thoughts on it. I was thinking of getting the 3-degree toe-in with the big-bore bearings. Is the light-weight model with the standard bearing size a better route to go with?

@evssv, what size engine are you running? DDM's site says the big bearing set is for 62cc or higher engines so is it better for me to go for the light weight ones? Maybe adjustable with the plastic inserts because I have them on my current hpi hubs?

Is the big bearing ones overkill? I only have the stock 26cc and maybe max it out to 29cc in the future. Also concerned about the excess weight of them.

@evssv, what size engine are you running? DDM's site says the big bearing set is for 62cc or higher engines so is it better for me to go for the light weight ones? Maybe adjustable with the plastic inserts because I have them on my current hpi hubs?

Is the big bearing ones overkill? I only have the stock 26cc and maybe max it out to 29cc in the future. Also concerned about the excess weight of them.
I say get em. You never know, maybe one day a big bore will land in your paws!

Hostile created these rear carriers well before there were any "big bore" motors larger than 32cc. To date, there were never any actual problems with the stock carriers.

I say if you want em, get them. But there's really nothing wrong with the stock carriers. I wouldn't buy a set until I've broken the stockers. And I haven't done that yet.

in baj atm is a scott finlay g32 mx pro?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks