Zee's V.I.P Build 😎

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
want to utilize the retro looking setup. plus most of those chinese units are really slow and crappy. i would really prefer to wire in a single din unit and hide it where the (non functional) cd player is but to do so is a fiddlestick ton of wiring. gunna try the aux cable if i can find a proper guide or someth

also thinking about doing a paint correction and (maybe) ceramic coating in the spring. not sure. Have done it before on the BMW. i think it would look really nice and protect the paint.
If you’re doing a proper paint correction might as well do the ceramic. 85 to 90% of the work is prep, which you’ll have done.

Either way you’ve done the prep. After that it’s personal preference wax/sealer vs ceramic. I’ve only had one done in ceramic professionally and am impressed! I haven’t had the balls to hit my vehicles with a true high speed buffer needed for a real paint correction, too nervous about burning through the high spots and the crappy hardness of paint in these late model vehicles.

Either way you’ve done the prep. After that it’s personal preference wax/sealer vs ceramic. I’ve only had one done in ceramic professionally and am impressed! I haven’t had the balls to hit my vehicles with a true high speed buffer needed for a real paint correction, too nervous about burning through the high spots and the crappy hardness of paint in these late model vehicles.
it was nerve wracking at first, especially doing it on such a car that i did it on but just went slow and apply enough fluid and your good. the ceramic i used was a diy type thing by avalon king. which is about 60 for a bottle. probably the best diy ceramic according to the internet. that and cquartz. went on easy and so far its pretty good (that was a year ago at this point). so i don't think its too hard its just extremely time consuming and delicate. its also quite exhausting. im not sure yet. but i think some extra shine would be good (especially on the bumpers) .

Good for you seriously! I wish I had of done it when I was younger and had less to lose in the value of the cars I owned. If you got it figured out awesome. It’s all about pressure, speed and contours which you seem to have a solid grasp on.
Nice job on the aux input, looks clean!👍🏻

Good for you seriously! I wish I had of done it when I was younger and had less to lose in the value of the cars I owned. If you got it figured out awesome. It’s all about pressure, speed and contours which you seem to have a solid grasp on.
this car would be easier i think. mainly flat and angular surfaces. that bmw has so many curves and intricacies, pretty tough. heres a pic right after the ceramic . i don't think ive shown it. my dads 540i that i get to whip around occasionally 👍

20211006_213036.jpg
i think the hardest part is to remeber not to sit in one spot for too long, aswell as not to sit on the curves too long (paint is the thinnest there)

If that’s the 1st car you hit with a high speed buffer you either got balls the size of grapefruit or are as stupid as 💩. Either way looks great Z!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks