Z's HPI Baja 5b/5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes that super easier than any other frekin starter ,voodoo?....:rolleyes:
?? No there's an extra spring inside that takes the load off y arm
LoL.. They are spring loaded, guaranteed it'll be broken like the last one soon though??‍♂️?
We will see. If it lasts more than a month you'll have to go an shove a decompression valve up y ass mark ??????

Alright got home an installed the new ps, annnnddd guess what? It's slipping too. And before you come at me with that decompression bullshit, it will occasionally slip even with the plug out or very very loose. So I don't know what the hell is going on!! Also looks a bit like rovan sent be a used starter as the prawl thingy inside has some wear marks and a little bit of dirt in it. Sorry for the bad language in the vid....
LoL.. They are spring loaded, guaranteed it'll be broken like the last one soon though??‍♂️?
Ding ding ding, broke even quicker but not due to compression or me. I have a burning suspicion that it's a take off and wasn't checked.

Z ,that pull start does not go with the paw on the engine ,the center teeth on the pull start is way too big ,an
is not the right one ,it is suppose to be smaller in diameter to fit inside the paw!

Z ,that pull start does not go with the paw on the engine ,the center teeth on the pull start is way too big ,an
is not the right one ,it is suppose to be smaller in diameter to fit inside the paw!
What do you man? You saying the paw on the starter is wrong? It's slightly different in shape but same size
Left is original right is newIMG_20190830_221358.jpg

Doesn't matter anymore, I switched the paw (the one on the starter) from the original onto the new one and same thing. The spring is faked

The teeth on the start is suppose to stay inside the paw ,that doesn't look like it fits inside that paw ,I will go look at my
stuff an see if I have one to show as an example!....:cool:
Here is a pic that I found on line of one ,you can see were the paw fits over on the gear that catches or
were the pully teeth go inside the paw ,that's the way it should be ,your paw doesn't look like it fits your
pull start gear ,it is too small!

Last edited:
Here is another ,it is the style like yours!

Attachments

• 1567226488467.png
    1567226488467.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 1
The teeth on the start is suppose to stay inside the paw ,that doesn't look like it fits inside that paw ,I will go look at my
stuff an see if I have one to show as an example!....:cool:
Here is a pic that I found on line of one ,you can see were the paw fits over on the gear that catches or
were the pully teeth go inside the paw ,that's the way it should be ,your paw doesn't look like it fits your
pull start gear ,it is too small!

View attachment 52993
Here is another ,it is the style like yours!

It's fits as it should (like how you pictured). It's the spring, and it definitely feels like it (in the hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks