Z's HPI Baja 5b/5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mkay guys so it wieghs 34 lbs. And a stock 5b (if y didn't know my Baja started life as a 5b, all you guys know that I'm sure) weighs 21lbs. So I've added 13 lbs somehow lol. She's a heavy biotch ?? I don't think that time I wieghed the engine and pipe it said 4 lbs, it's gotta be more, honestly. But, 34 lbs shouldn't be a problem for my engine ?
Side note: what you guys don't know is that e85 has a extremely loud smell (I don't know what the proper word is lol) and is always in your face so 100% of the time this truck REEKS of e85 so I'm always getting high off it Everytime I get within 5ft of it ??

I love the E85 smell... a few years back I had a mustang with a stroked 2.3L turbo engine pushing 500hp.. my garage always reeked of E85

My 5B weighs in at almost 34 pounds.. with a 34 reed motor...with lots of turtle racing upgrades and stock rovan arms and chassis

Weight was checked with a set of postage scales...

So I would think yours would be closer to 36-38 pounds maybe more with your cage and all... just my guess

Last edited:
I love the E85 smell... a few years back I had a mustang with a stroked 2.3L turbo engine pushing 500hp.. my garage always reeked of E85

My 5B weighs in at almost 34 pounds.. with a 34 reed motor...with lots of turtle racing upgrades and stock rovan arms and chassis

Weight was checked with a set of postage scales...

So I would think yours would be closer to 36-38 pounds maybe more with your cage and all... just my guess
I like the smell of e85 it gets irritating after a while tho lol. If I get access to a better scale I deffo will re weigh it. 34lbs for a 5b is alot!

Today's drills are quite powerful ,I still have my 1990's 1/2 Skill drill ,it has a lot of torqe ,I shattered an AE 8.0 rod
on a hydraulic lock one time with it ,that 3/8 drive should have plenty power ,does it have a clutch chuck as well?
No clutch setting. My other drill was 128ftlbs, and was always on the drill setting/max torque.

Ok so. Would a racheting easy pullstart without decomp valve be enough to not Fack my arm everytime I go to start it ? Decomp valve is Gunna be a pain in the ass to get installed. Also, with the starter it comes with a starter pawl that screws onto the crank, is this ok? Or should I drill two holes in to that pawl go into the flywheel for more support (more pain) ? And

Ok so. Would a racheting easy pullstart without decomp valve be enough to not Fack my arm everytime I go to start it ? Decomp valve is Gunna be a pain in the ass to get installed. Also, with the starter it comes with a starter pawl that screws onto the crank, is this ok? Or should I drill two holes in to that pawl go into the flywheel for more support (more pain) ? And

You have to make sure that you get the right depth on the paw for the starter to grab ,watch out for that ,may require shimming
or bushing!

Talked with @Teejay112 about it and he says the easy racheting pull start puts almost zero load on your arm when pulling the cord (wish it was that way when.......never mind) on his modded 45cc rov, which I'm sure has a decent amount of compression (likely not as much as mine but still) so it will probably have a little load on my arm when pulling, soooo I think I will probably be doing that, first let me check out the starter pawl situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks