Clubin’s build thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snow! Yikes, it's 21 hear today, tomorrow also, in between rain shows I'm still running in my new Taylor engine. Going to get cold tomorrow night and have frost for the first time. Can't wait to try my mega truck with the monster tires in snow. I don't care if the stock engine in that doesn't like it.
I guess the delivery guys figured it was to heavy and dropped it! Mine was cutting threw the bottom of both boxes when I got it
It was -21 here a few days back lol
Keep an eye on those js performence links, 2 of mine bound up after couple months,the long ones.They were both the horizontal rod ends.Seem very suseptable to dirt or damage in horizontal placement.Running primal hd ones with no issues for a year now.Some research shows rod ends placed in horizontal are likely to fail, consider a high maintainence application.Keep clean but don't lube it might hold dirt......
I have those links on my truck and so far they have been good but I did have issues with the Taylor rc steering arms bearings getting chunky in my truck so I changed those out to the primal ones

Keep an eye on those js performence links, 2 of mine bound up after couple months,the long ones.They were both the horizontal rod ends.Seem very suseptable to dirt or damage in horizontal placement.Running primal hd ones with no issues for a year now.Some research shows rod ends placed in horizontal are likely to fail, consider a high maintainence application.Keep clean but don't lube it might hold dirt......
I can't remember off the top of my head where I got them. But you can buy little shields for heim joints. Keeps most the crud out. Kinda like a ball joint dust shield, just a lot smaller in the case of
The little heim joints used in rc.

Didn't know there was a V4 getting released, did they say what changes they made to it?
Hopefully they scrap the stock engine and make the gp460 the new stock engine as it desperately needs it
The V4 is most likely going to be the son of a digger bodied one

Tried to get some
Power out of the stock
Engine. It’s not
Possible. Lol. One positive. It starts easily. Lol.

View attachment 90479
That's only because you've already run Taylor engines and know first hand what real power is! Lol
Anybody I ever show off the truck to is impressed ... as long as you don't try to show it's top speed when the engine seems to give up making power and makes that sick floating sound. Lol
Nice truck!

If your not gonna run a taylor put a bartalone pipe on and the speed gears and you will be impressed with the speed..Have my original primal motor and bart pipe sealed in plastic just in case or need to rebuild taylor 50

Clubin...try flipping your tie rods like this. It may be just me, but feel as if it has better linear throw and less stress on the servos.
20210914_180753.jpg
Also if you go with the extended wheelbase kit, please lmk how it works with those beefy swaybars...that is one of the parts on my Raminator that look dinky and cheesy compared to the rest of my scale build.

Clubin...try flipping your tie rods like this. It may be just me, but feel as if it has better linear throw and less stress on the servos.
View attachment 90499
Also if you go with the extended wheelbase kit, please lmk how it works with those beefy swaybars...that is one of the parts on my Raminator that look dinky and cheesy compared to the rest of my scale build.
Yes. I’ll try flipping it today. The Vitavon sway bar links won’t work with the extended wheel base. He may be working on extended links to go with the extended wheel base. Good news is no extended wheel base kits anywhere. Lol.

Yes. I’ll try flipping it today. The Vitavon sway bar links won’t work with the extended wheel base. He may be working on extended links to go with the extended wheel base. Good news is no extended wheel base kits anywhere. Lol.
Thanks clubin. I don't think he is...as dude from Vitavon emailed me and told me that they would work just fine w the extension. I feel they wouldn't due to the extension being an inch longer front and rear. I won't pop on $300 worth of parts till they are proven to fit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks