$1500 to spent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i assum ur not beating the poop outa it then ?....jus normal use ...
Why would you assume that ?
My biggest complaint was my tuned exhaust pipe cracked and broke like the second day, ie.. the break in period, so that was the big one that got me, so im spending all this time making a custom bracket for my tuned exhaust 2 days after i bought the truck new, sort of a bummer....

Why would you assume that ?
My biggest complaint was my tuned exhaust pipe cracked and broke like the second day, ie.. the break in period, so that was the big one that got me, so im spending all this time making a custom bracket for my tuned exhaust 2 days after i bought the truck new, sort of a bummer....
because i beat on my hpi 5bss hard and I've broke it quite a few times in stockish form. ..not so much now its sorted ?.as said in the other thread my mate has a km001 which he don't beat hard and its been fine ?..thats y i asked?
he did kill the stock piggy tail pipe after a bad cartwheel session few tanks in??

I haven't been engaging in all of the clone bashing cause my Rovan has been sweet to me also. Only thing that was no good on mine was servos and battery...same as most RTRs. Guess I got the pick of the litter also?
Not a fair comparison........you don't run your clone so cant break?????

As a newbie maybe its best i got the clone first from a price point of view, i definitely made some owner mistakes, so maybe i can justify it as a training set of wheels and when i get my s... together step up to the big boys. well, thats my retroactive justification anyway, haha !!

As a newbie maybe its best i got the clone first from a price point of view, i definitely made some owner mistakes, so maybe i can justify it as a training set of wheels and when i get my s... together step up to the big boys. well, thats my retroactive justification anyway, haha !!
Why ?‍♂️ buy the real deal?? look online and get a original brand in decent used condition that has upgrades already for what a clone costs ??

Why ?‍♂️ buy the real deal?? look online and get a original brand in decent used condition that has upgrades already for what a clone costs ??
A noob isnt likely to even know rovan is clones, or what to look for buying used name brand. I know most of you hate them, but the clones aren't going anywhere. Id even bet they sell more than the originals. Does HPI even make buggies anymore? I though I heard they got discod

I totally agree, as a noob i had no idea it was a clone until i joined this forum, lol. then I felt like a tool. Ya, good or bad marketing, but the noobs get owned for sure....

When I bought mine I didn't know it was a clone either. Botajell pushes the hell out of them on his YT channel and seems to have success with them. That's why I got one. And even tho I don't drive it much, when I do drive it I drive it hard and it seems to hold up to regular bashing abuse. Now I haven't done any modifications so I cant speak to fitment issues with "non-clone" aftermarket parts?‍♂️

When I bought mine I didn't know it was a clone either. Botajell pushes the hell out of them on his YT channel and seems to have success with them. That's why I got one. And even tho I don't drive it much, when I do drive it I drive it hard and it seems to hold up to regular bashing abuse. Now I haven't done any modifications so I cant speak to fitment issues with "non-clone" aftermarket parts?‍♂️
Im in the same boat. My first 5th scale was a rovan buggy. I bought it because it was way cheaper and had no clue it was a clone. If im being 100% honest, I can't say its been alot less reliable than my losi's. I've had really good luck with all 3 of my rigs. 90% of the parts I bought were because I wanted them, not because I needed them. I can definitely tell a quality difference, but its not so extreme that my rovan is falling apart. Buying my rovan got me to fall in love with 5th scale. And now I support the name brands. I do want a maxT though. Thing looks sweet.

When I bought my Rovan I didn't even know the other names like Losi, Kraken, and HPI even had 5th scales. I admit I was completely naive. I just wanted a big buggy and watching Botajell made me want a Rovan baja. I didn't even care about price? Now since then, because of this forum I found that there were other brands that made 5ths so I ended up buying what I have now. And my fleet were bought off looks alone, nothing to do with reliability. Any rig can be built to be more reliable, in my opinion.

Ya, despite my minor complaints i don't really have a complaint, lol, its all part of the learning curve of the hobby , the way i see it anyway. Its great to see other peeps stories, and how similar they are really.

Ya, despite my minor complaints i don't really have a complaint, lol, its all part of the learning curve of the hobby , the way i see it anyway. Its great to see other peeps stories, and how similar they are really.
I struggled at first as well. Best advice I have is take pics as you disassemble, and utube is a fantastic source. This place too. Once you rip it apart a few times it will go much smoother. Just don't be afraid to mod parts a bit. Shims, drill bits, and a file work wonders.

Guess I've been in the hobby too long, when I wanted to get into 1/5 I went with the dbxl (used btw) because it was the cheapest losi 1/5 I could get. The noob mistake was taking the guys word it was a obr reed engine. It had a stupid carb reed block on it. Guess we all make mistakes on our first 1/5 scale buys(mind you I've had this buggy 5 or 6 years now and it's been decent once the bugs were worked out of it)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks