$1500 to spent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niz55

If you had $1500 to spent would you buy the 5T 2.0 or something else? I am really liking the Rovan baja max 5t and it is also cheaper in price and comes with tons of upgrades and also a transmitter.

Don't know much about both of these cars but i am leaning towards the Rovan unless someone can share some thoughts on cons and pro on both of these cars.

Thanks

rv450maxbr.jpgllosd17.jpg

@Z.hb71 Clean up needed on aisle 5. Wet clean up needed on aisle 5.
Damn ok im here.
So, personally I'd grab the losi and stay away from the clone stuff. Even If they are less shiny. I'll break if down. The clones have very low build quality, sloppy assembly (don't believe me? Well look at a guy named Polar_Bus on here, he bought a clone a rebuilt it only to find terrible build quality and sloppyness everywhere , and if it's good enough, I have experienced both, original is better), and engines, the engines in the clones (whilst being bigger) , doesn't make them powerful or anygood cuz they really aren't, and my rovan 30.5cc blew up quick. Little things like the fuel lines on the rovan are hard as a rock, the carbs are trash, gaskets aren't very durable, iffy spark plugs, air filters are trash (as in, the foams fall apart, literally, for me it crumbles), screws are soft. And here's a big one (for me atleast!) Aftermarket parts (geniune, high quality ones that is) don't fit right, becuase being a clone it isn't exactly the same as the original (what the aftermarket parts are designed for). Like I bought a transmission case, it was a turtle racing clone by integy, either it was bad or the rovan itself was bad but it didn't fit would force and modification. So, in short, buy the losi, you will thank yourself in the long run. ?
@Z.hb71 Clean up needed on aisle 5. Wet clean up needed on aisle 5.
We are all just waiting for z to join this one and continue his crusade to rid the world of clones
Hpi and losi better start paying me ??
Oh also, the quality of parts used in them is a bit lower than the original stuff (like.softer aluminum)

Last edited:
Very nice feedback. I completely agree 100% on the build quality.

I was in nitro for 15 years but last year I decided to quit because honestly you spend most of time tuning the damn thing and stuff breaks quiet often when on the track. It wasn't fun anymore. Just want something now to bash around time to time.

I do own couple of arrma vehicles and just bought dbxle 2.0 last week that I had a little issue with the esc but It was taking care of extremely fast with horizon customer support.

So yeah, I need a gas powered vehicle and I am sure the 5T 2.0 should be a nice car.

Besides what z ranted about. The losi 5ive t is about the undisputed king of 4x4 1/5 scale, for out of the box goodness. Comes with a awesome zenoah g320rc engine. It's the best you can get for a mass produced engine. Power is very good out of the box, comes with a great carb (1107) factory installed. Let alone the support you will have for the engine, the 5ive t itself has a very large very impressive aftermarket support. If you cant get a good reliable part for it, your living under a (proverbial) rock. Out of the box it's hard to beat. I would personally ditch the spektrum reciever and get a futaba set up. Less hassles in the long run. And either way a kill switch is a must. Maybe grap a spare servo for the steering, and all in the world will be right. Replace as you break, or upgrade till you tank your bank account. The world is your oyster, and the losi 5ive t will give it all and more.

Stay away from clones. If you have $1500, spend it on quality and something that has a good reputation in the 1/5th scene. Rovan and other clones are for those who had no big bucks but wanted to go into the 1/5th scale RC route, but realized he was spending the difference saved between a HPI 5SC and the Rovan RC on everything that broke on said clone within the first year.

Go buy a clone for $500 and then spend $1,000 fixing it up to make it reliable ?

The new 5iveT is solid out the box. Won’t need anything but whatever upgrade you want.
FYI you can easily spend another grand in just pure upgrades lol

And if you have the $1,500 cash. I would personally look for a used one... you can buy a used 5iveT that someone already dropped tons of $ into for less then your $1,500

OfferUp, Craigslist, 5mile or similar apps will fetch you the best deals. eBay is good but now in days everything is over priced on eBay.

best of luck on your 5th scale journey ??

I am not a fan of futaba because I had bad experience with it. My mp10 went full throttle and crashed right into the curb. After $250 of rebuilding it and getting it back on the road it took 10 second for it to go crazy again and smacked into the curb once again. I was shocked ! I just fixed the car and same poop happened again. Took out the futaba and got a dx6r and never went back to futaba.

I am just waiting on the hobby shop owner to give me a good pricing on the car. So I will be getting all these items,

5T 2.0 (blue)
Rugged dx5 orange transmitter
Spekrum S9020 servo

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks