2.0 front shocks leaking already

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep732

The alchemist ☠️
Community Leader
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
so I've had this 2.0 for about 3 weeks..changed the springs to the heavy orange ones. Cleaned up the fronts with a brush and im wondering why the dust boot is kind of sticky on the inside. I pull it back to find that the shock is leaking. WTF I paid the $1,492 for this damn thing with the thought that it was atleast built well. Now another call will have to be made to horizon. WTF

I love the truck thats why I'm bent. What goes bad in these shocks? O-rings? This thing hasn't even been 6 inches off the ground while running it

Disassemble. Check the o-rings. Buy some green slime from team associated. Reassemble. Should fix it. Sorry man I know how frustrating it is to spend bank and have to work on them. But it don’t matter what Rig I buy, I always strip completely down and build back. That’s most the fun to me!

Checked the lower caps and their tight..kinda bugs me that I would have never known these were leaking if I didn't just change the springs. These boots hid the leak very well. I know its a small issue but still an issue and I'll be on the phone Tuesday with horizon to send me a rebuild kit. I'm not that person that complains over the small stuff but ill take advantage of the warranty.20200904_201334.jpg

It might not really be a leak just sloppy assembly. My 2.0 was also new and when I changed the shock oil to heavier weight inside my boots were just like yours. I didn't rebuilt my shocks, just changed oil and put back together. All 4 of my shocks are fine.

It might not really be a leak just sloppy assembly. My 2.0 was also new and when I changed the shock oil to heavier weight inside my boots were just like yours. I didn't rebuilt my shocks, just changed oil and put back together. All 4 of my shocks are fine.
Thats a step in the right direction, glad to hear that. By the way since you mentioned it what weight did you go for?

If I remember correctly I used TLR oil and did 32.5K in the rear and 42.5K in the front. Also changed my center diff oil to 100K.
Just looked, actually did 30K in the rear and 60K in the fronts.

If I remember correctly I used TLR oil and did 32.5K in the rear and 42.5K in the front. Also changed my center diff oil to 100K.
Just looked, actually did 30K in the rear and 60K in the fronts.
How did you like the heavier fluids? And if i understand right "K" is to express in the 1000's in silicone fluid weights..sorry not knocking you. But I had to re- read that thinking diff fluid was being used and I had to look it up lol. I didn't realize shock oil was offered in the half increments.

Theres no point to the half increments, unless your racing competition. Tbh most people wont be able to tell the difference in jumping 2k up or down. It seems quite a few of us are running 500k + center and 60k+ in the front and rear diffs.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks