Aeromarine challenger 48 boat build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good Rep, like seeing some boat builds for some diversity. The repairs look great IMO! I considered one and I’m in really close proximity to suitable bodies of water to run, more spots to run than the cars.

I just know my luck and I’d need to buy second rescue boat, the appeal wears off quickly when I think of having that much money just bobbing around in case of breakage or crash and trying to retrieve it!

Look into self righting boats if you don't want to retrieve them..unfortunately none are self right that I know of in gas though
Proboat sonic wake, proboat river jet boat and thrasher rc boats are self righting boats that I know of👍

Thanks @Bizzer (y) ... and honestly we live once give it the ol college try... and i agree the recovery effort can be daunting.
Hmmm...Swimming out near a nuclear plant to rescue my boat, definitely no fun boys, but I have my own little public town launch that they havnt loaded docks in a couple years. It's perfect with old dock poles for a track loop. I grew up on the lake but don't really dig swimming out there 😕

Yeah, when I was considering one I saw a few guys using a pvc built rescue rigs, seem to work pretty good. The other option is another boat with a line attached like the video you posted with the Spartan recovery.

Ugg.... so you have prop diameter, then pitch then blade count. Typically you prop the boat till it kills rpm then back down one pitch size. At least in real boate the prop diameter is more or less limited to what fits the drive, then you adjust the pitch to gear it up or down (for lack of better term) blade count has always been a bit of a sore subject at home. The normal non race boats hot 3 blade props, 19 pitch was typically around the norm. (21" props) the race boat ran a 20" cleaver (4 blade) with a 22 pitch. We sid have a 3 blade 23 and 24 pitch but it wouldn't plane right, and that boat was set up for the standing 1/4 mile, so it had to plane yesterday when the light turned green. As far as we were concerned 2 blade props were for slow boats. Don't quite know how that equates to rc. Surface drive props are a bit different then submerged props, the air helps make the prop work more efficiently from what I understand.
And some reading material for you.
https://www.boatingmag.com/how-to/understanding-propeller-pitch/

https://www.westmarine.com/WestAdvisor/Selecting-a-Propeller
We have always based prop selection off of top rpm, speed, and how it got on plane. Now we have adjustable trims so planing is much easier. And you can typically run a higher pitch and not sacrifice top speed so much. Again don't know how easy it is with rc as the one and only boat I ever messed with is in your possession and I didn't mess with that much lol.

I think it would be a lot easier to loose 2k+ in a boat than on a truck.
At least your not likely to sink a truck.
Plus you still need servo's, engines, and radio gear for a boat and in general would have to be water proof too.
Stuff that, and least with land based stuff you crash it you can walk and retrieve it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks