Alloy front end up-grade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have reason to beleive there will an all alloy Elcon Cleon tearing it up over your way soon:clown:
You guys are gona cause a worldwide shortage of aluminium:nono:

wow ... would love to see that ... :innocent:

Hope were not hijacking the "Genuine" Fg alloy front end thread by discussing FG knock off parts that don't fit properly LOL:nono:

I wanna see that cleon... Duddy you make a purchase did you?

Hope they don't come with those 2 piece rear arms like Duddy snapped like a twig :lol:

IF I had Cleon, I'd for sure convert it to an onroad buggy car with slick tires and lower it and enjoy the shines and blings at least for couple of months and after that bash it till death :clown:

Genuine Alloy Fg arms

Needing some more bling?... look no further!

Pictured below is a set of upper and lower genuine FG alloy arms.... you can even smell the quality, kinda hard to explain.
leftfrontarms.jpg

How about a close up.
leftfrontarms1.jpg
All arms (left - right -upper - lower) are exactly the same, you do have to install the bushes differently but other than that fairly straight forward. note: check out the spherical bearing..... nice.

I used a socket to press in the bearings and they are a nice fit.
bearinginstall3.jpg

Once the bearings are in it should look like this.
bearingin4.jpg

I fitted the right hand side first as I had to see what it looked like.... I have to say that I am more than happy with the finish and over all quality so far.
rightfrontarms2.jpg

Now is a good time to have a beer and just sit back and enjoy your handy work... The beer can be substituted for a coffee also.
Ok eyes on the prize as we are half done... better get back to work.

You can see the process below. this shot shows the upper installed.
armon5.jpg

Now the lower.. ooh yeah.
botharmson6.jpg

Now for the finished product.
armsdone7.jpg

Tips:
Use loctite where ever you put a screw into alloy parts or you will be picking up the pieces.
Install the castor bushes last... "those little black clip thingys".
Make sure all your hinge pins are straight as there is very little clearance.

Ok guys this front end up grade thread is coming to an end as I only require the steering up-rights.

I must say that I am glad I chose Genuine FG parts as my truck has had zero down time during this process, waiting for bits because the last ones didn't fit because you need to order this and that. Not to mention its just a pain and ends up costing a bomb but I am really happy so far + Chequered Fag racing & Daniels pitstop carry the spare bushes and bearings so I think Genuine is the way to go.

Hope you like the pics.

Looks awesome mate!! When you get those front uprights in alloy as well it will bring the upper and lower arms together a bit - they will sit parallel with each other then, at least mine did anyway.

Thanks Guys, can't wait till the uprights get installed.

hi man thats looking good all you need now is the 4x4 hop-up then you v got
a kick ass car :)

I thought about that kit but was unsure of it's reliability / fit in regards to a 2 speed as I run a genuine Fg 2 speed set-up and replacement parts availability in Australia. I am not saying it's not a good kit but I really like the genuine FG alloy parts and the fact they fit without having to buy a heap of other parts like some of the other stuff out there.

I think an alloy radio tray so I can fit 3 servos and the alloy uprights would finish it off.

Any other suggestions?

You could have bought the entire MT alloy front end kit for about 179 euros or $260 US dollar plus shipping P1010025.jpg
tm.htm

Last edited:
hellya,

allanach is wanting to stick with all factory FG parts. Do you know who makes the front end found on FG-Hopups.com?

By the looks of it, it doesn't look like FG parts.

-Michael

hellya,

allanach is wanting to stick with all factory FG parts. Do you know who makes the front end found on FG-Hopups.com?

By the looks of it, it doesn't look like FG parts.
-Michael

It comes from Germany Hobby tech......heres their link

http://www.rc-car-online.de/htstarteng.htm

heres the parts link...they match their ebay auction prices 179 euros

http://www.rc-car-online.de/ht_monster_vorne_eng.htm

heres their ebay add

http://cgi.ebay.de/Aluvorderachse-f...ryZ13311QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks