Alloy front end up-grade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hellya, as woodie suggested I really wanted to use genuine FG alloy parts as I have seen those and other inferior parts break easier than the stock plastic ones.

I am trying to build a tough truck and I have seen all the copy parts break like biscuits when you put them to the test.

In life I believe you get what you pay for "if your lucky" and the FG front end looks the toughest to me.

heres my FG mt bet its a heela machine:)
Db84525.jpg

Ay75989.jpg

Last edited:
I tried to buy some stuff off FG-Hopups, they were gonna send me a paypal invoice but I guess they couldn't be bothered as i never saw it... guess they musy not want to sell the gear they have laying around so they miss out on my business.

I heard its beacuse of the present currency exchnage rates....the dollar doent buy as many FG parts any more....and all the prices have gone way up

Hellya, thats an impressive truck and shines nice in the right light but I am running Nitrous Oxide and a two speed so strength is really important for me.

I admit, if I went on the cheap then my rig would have been finished by now but I wanted the best and this thread was designed to show everybody that you can up-grade step by step without having to do the entire car in one go.

your doing a great job!!!!! remember youll be bashing with alot of extra weight....my truckm weights 35 lbs

Thanks.
I just weighed my truck after seeing your weight and it's 15Kgs or 33lbs, don't forget I have not got an alloy radio tray or the front uprights but that does include the nitrous set-up.

Last edited:
You guys with all that aluminum - looks pretty but boy would it make me sick to bash with that and break or bend something.

-Michael

I like how your radio gear is toward the center of the truck - is that something you home made?

-Michael

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks