Alloy front end up-grade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The final upgrade for the front end.

Here we go.... Genuine FG alloy steering up-rights.
mtf1.jpg

These babies come with everything you need to do the job, having installed a whole bunch of other alloy bits & pieces I have a few screws and washers left over.... can't complain as I would rather have extras as opposed to not enough.
mtf2.jpg

Pictured below is one installed without the brakes.
mtf3.jpg

Below is the complete left side with the brakes.
mtf4.jpg

Here is the whole car with all the bling, I am very pleased how everything fitted perfectly and no adjustments had to be made.
mtf5.jpg

Anyone thinking about fitting up the parts as described in this thread will no doubt be very pleased with the end product, the only thing I will say is FG don't include good instructions but then again not alot of manufactures do....

A special thanks to Colin at Chequeredflagracing & Kris at
stickers-D2.jpg

looks nice:2guns: just like my mt but with a tgn pipe one thing is i need some upgrades for my shocks because its way to hevey for the standerd ones keep the good work up
got any fotos with the body
are you going to get dirty or keep it on the shelf:clown:

You had the brakes apart and forgot to install the silicone tubing over your cables!! Looking real nice I think I'm blind from all that bling:cool2: Get out the scale and get us an upgrade weight...

Thanks guys, I am wrapped with it so far, Possibly it will have it's first bash since the up-grade tomorrow after work.

I just stuck it on the scales and it comes in at 15kgs (33lbs) exactly.

Here are some more photos:

mtf6.jpg

mtf7.jpg

sizematters2.jpg

Any suggestions with a radio tray as I don't think FG make one?

I just bought some 5mm thick aluminium plate and made my own radio tray, wasn't very hard to do. Cost me $15 for a piece just a bit larger than I needed.
I was disgusted at how the standard plastic one flexed when I applied the brake, so I just had to make a better one before I ran the truck.

PS: I love the look of your truck, that blue is very nice.

I just bought some 5mm thick aluminium plate and made my own radio tray, wasn't very hard to do. Cost me $15 for a piece just a bit larger than I needed.
I was disgusted at how the standard plastic one flexed when I applied the brake, so I just had to make a better one before I ran the truck.

PS: I love the look of your truck, that blue is very nice.

Thanks Andy; I may give that a go.... got any pics of your tray?

RC_Mad... if I don't make my own I will be sure to pick-up one of these babies, thanks for the link.

These are the best I could get, I have a TGN pipe and it is in the way so it is hard to get a good shot. It is just the same shape as the stock plastic plate, but I only made the cutouts for the servos just a couple of mm bigger than the servos and threaded the plate to accept bolts to hold the servos. I used a couple of bolts as risers to hold the battery bar which I also made out of aluminium. I haven't quite finished yet, I still need to machine some spacers for the battery bar and heat shrink the batteries to the bar.

HTH
Andy

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks