Allrightythen , Mr. Vekta5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic-1

Build Thread Contributor
I finnaly got my vekta dialed in and have been running it quite a bit , is it my imagination or is this thing falling apart ? The front end has more play than my grandkids , and all four tires n wheels are ready to separate into different area codes if I throttle just right , so I geuss even if I spend more money I still get just a platform out of the box ?!?! The darn upgrades for the front end add up to $350 , then I geuss I need alluminum wheels ! But wow ! Is this thing fun !

Looks like the a arms have play at the top and the steering nucles r shot , had one of the screws on the bottom just fall right out , put one back in and it won't go straight anymore , I'm deffinately changeing all front parts but J E E E E Z E !!!

Looks like the a arms have play at the top and the steering nucles r shot , had one of the screws on the bottom just fall right out , put one back in and it won't go straight anymore , I'm deffinately changeing all front parts but J E E E E Z E !!!
At least you got some run time with her before she started falling apart on you.(y)

Relic-1, did you ever get the Trepedore tires?? If so, I think the bigger tires look great, but helps in the demise of the drivetrain and suspension parts because the size and weight were an after thought.

Last edited:
Yes , I got the huge dead wieght box of rubber and put them on , o m g ! Talk about some rubber weight ! But they are where a guy wants to be , once the other fifty parts are replaced , gets u off the ground , and it's like haveing four marshmelliws around your rig , Mudd slingn , rock throwing , lawn recking trenchers !! Pretty cool stuff but I totally get the stress it causes , im pretty sure after the front end dress up I'll be good , well untill I put in the full mod !! ??

Welcome Relic1 to my Vekta 5 Nightmare.
I want you to enjoy all the scary moments
I had my second succesful 40 minute bash yesterday.
I have not cleaned it up for inspect as yet.
I had a new issue yesterday the battery box switch turn itself off. The kill switch killed the motor but I had no control, I lucked out and it coasted to a stop without hitting anything. A simple switch should not be a problem, but I will play it safe and replace it.
Please read all my posts on the Kraken Vekta 5 and make sure you have a drink handy.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Last edited:
Yep ! I replaced my switch 2 weeks out of the box , I really think it's what caused my Killswitch to go bad , Wich by the way 4 other r.c. geniuses couldn't figger but I did after 4 weeks of crap ,being into 5 scale sure has it's fallbacks but I still like how working on these rigs is pretty easy stuff but of course that's y were in this isn't it !! ?? LOL ! IM GUNNA REDO THE FRONT END with the metal or as price wood indicate ( gold ? ) And I will be in a better place with it , one question I'm comeing to , is after these huge tires were added , I'm stuck between double servo steering or just a stronger single servo ? I'm not out to earn any self comforting awards or anything I just want it to turn much better , watcha think ?
The previous guy who had all those drive train problems is a bit scary to here but I've drove the heck out of my trepadore tires and nothing like that at all he had to not have tightened clutch bell bolt enuff or something , that bolt feels tight but try again , cuz usually it has further to go , they put a ton of locktight on that thing stock it can feel tight but it is not , I love those tires , so I will mal ADJUST. LOL !

Last edited:
Yep ! I replaced my switch 2 weeks out of the box , I really think it's what caused my Killswitch to go bad , Wich by the way 4 other r.c. geniuses couldn't figger but I did after 4 weeks of crap ,being into 5 scale sure has it's fallbacks but I still like how working on these rigs is pretty easy stuff but of course that's y were in this isn't it !! ?? LOL ! IM GUNNA REDO THE FRONT END with the metal or as price wood indicate ( gold ? ) And I will be in a better place with it , one question I'm comeing to , is after these huge tires were added , I'm stuck between double servo steering or just a stronger single servo ? I'm not out to earn any self comforting awards or anything I just want it to turn much better , watcha think ?
The previous guy who had all those drive train problems is a bit scary to here but I've drove the heck out of my trepadore tires and nothing like that at all he had to not have tightened clutch bell bolt enuff or something , that bolt feels tight but try again , cuz usually it has further to go , they put a ton of locktight on that thing stock it can feel tight but it is not , I love those tires , so I will mal ADJUST. LOL !

I listed on past posts of all the issues that I had experienced with the Maxxis tires.
It is a strain on the drive train but I never thought of adjusting the slipper plates.
Maybe that is the solution.
I would go with the dual servo kit and a stock Kraken servo.
I never experience so far any issues. I think high price servos unless they are water proof are way over priced.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

Last edited:
Here's another question that's been a war inside my head , is anybody glueing in beadlick screws useing trepadore tires , seems it might be a good idea with the constant loosening , but what about getting them out , iffor some silly reason u had to ?

I have not experienced loose beadlock screws and I do inspect them.
But in fairness I have my Maxxis Trepadore tires mounted on aluminum wheels, that must be the diffreance. My biggest concern is the weight of each tire and wheel assembly and the strain it puts on the drivetrain.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

I have not experienced loose beadlock screws and I do inspect them.
But in fairness I have my Maxxis Trepadore tires mounted on aluminum wheels, that must be the diffreance. My biggest concern is the weight of each tire and wheel assembly and the strain it puts on the drivetrain.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
Yeah I also believe this. I don't think the drivetrain and suspension was designed to move that amount of added rotating mass. :unsure:I think the Trepadores are the root of most problems and issues that occur. But they look so good tho:love:

Yeah I also believe this. I don't think the drivetrain and suspension was designed to move that amount of added rotating mass. :unsure:I think the Trepadores are the root of most problems and issues that occur. But they look so good tho:love:
I agree with you, but with all the problems I had to confront with, the Buggy is faster and more responsive in rough terrain.
I had two good 45 min. runs and today I am taking it out for a third run.
I pit a lot during the runs and inspect the problem areas I found in the past.
Man this thing runs like a jack rabbit across the field rooster tailing with four feet of dirt in turns.
The dual servos are a must. If I get 5 more runs before another drivetrain failure I will feel it is worth it.
DieHard Vekta Basher.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

I agree with you, but with all the problems I had to confront with the Buggy it is faster and more responsive in rough terrain.
I had two good 45 min. runs and today I am taking it out for a third run.
I pit a lot during the runs and inspect the problem areas I found in the past.
Man this thing runs like a jack rabbit across the field rooster tailing with four feet of dirt.
If I get 5 more runs before another drivetrain failure I will feel it is worth it.
DieHard Vekta Basher.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
Cool can you get video of the run? What engine are you running again?

Cool can you get video of the run? What engine are you running again?
I will try to record, all I have is a camcorder and a tripod, what I really need is drone footage, but I need someone fly it. To answer your question about my motor it is a stock Zenoah RC320 with a Dominator pipe and a stock carburetor.

I will try to record, all I have is a camcorder and a tripod, what I really need is drone footage, but I need someone fly it. To answer your question about my motor it is a stock Zenoah RC320 with a Dominator pipe and a stock carburetor.
Yeah that's right! I have the same engine with the Barty pipe. The way everyone talks about how heavy this truck is I wouldn't have thought the 32 would move it but it moves it pretty well.(y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks