Always changing baja

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never went through that phase with mine, I built it but never had a smoke tune or anything. I went with Idaho rob on my LBZ and his tunes were dam good and clean

We have many problems in the world, and pollution is definitely one of them. That said, the few thousand diesel hobbyists who hop up diesels that way is about as insignificant a part of the problem as it can be. Big ole fat women farting probably contributes more greenhouse gasses.

I never went through that phase with mine, I built it but never had a smoke tune or anything. I went with Idaho rob on my LBZ and his tunes were dam good and clean
I'm into 12 valve 5.9l cummins, so smoke is just part of the power aspect, it can be managed. I have a fuel control box mounted in the cab(AFC Live). Lets me "tune" when and how much fuel it get under boost. Its the closest thing you can get to a chip or tuner for the older engines. My biggest taming of the smoke was getting rid if my marine injectors. They made great power, but were very, very, very smokey. Now I'm running a set of PDD 5x20s sac injectors, and have been pleased with how they perform. Supposed to be good for 700+ hp. currently backing the fuel with a s364 stainless diesel turbo w the 5 blade billet wheel. I have a twin kit sitting here waiting for it. But the truck is getting a new frame under it first. May be one day I'll get it on a dyno and see if all the money I've dumped into it has paid off.

Very nice, I was right around 750hp with mine, was running a billet Danville stg2r. Love it, wish I still had that truck.

There isnt much that can be done to those old 12valves that will clean them up lol. I see where your coming from now lol. A buddy has a 12 valve that's his ranch pickup, it's a beast and they are definitely reliable.

Time for headstuds!
Studded top and bottom, head is o ringed. Extra piston clearance, dynamic balanced bottom end good for 5k rpm. Fluid damper, crank gear welded on. "Big stick" cam. Only fox stuff once my friend. Next time it goes it should be spectacular ??.
Doug, yes this is the engine were talking about, in the big black 79.

Finally getting back to your rig mate lol.

Got to admit you do build some sweet vehicles. Sweet Rig . What's the big chunk of Carbon fiber behind the rear shock tower?

Thanks brother. That's on the rcmax build, being it has the 110mm clutch mike had to extend the rear chassis plate. So the baja is overall longer than normal bajas, naturally it pushed the the cage mounts back further also. So that is a adaptor piece so cage can still mount. The gear plate is also extended, which is why I'm running 34/54 gears

I'm just going to update this thread with the OBR cage baja. Picked this up as a roller for $500 shipped. Basically stock, added a bart 32 reed, bart pipe and it didnt have the power so I sold it all last night.

Found a rcmax 40gt setup brand new, so it's getting that. Added flm arms, tr steering, hitec d845wp servo, and a hitec throttle, new tank and lines, new wheels and tires, Losi shocks. Keeping it basic lol.

When I first got it.received_699855720591837.jpeg

Now

received_699855720591837.jpeg20200719_115116.jpg20200630_210338.jpg20200630_210354.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks