Blast from the past, trying to find...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Who remembers back mid-late 1980s...the Tyco Turbo Hopper! Released in 1986 and many of us would stare at it through the glass case at Toys R Us. I had a red one, 27mhz back in late 86 or 87. Im trying to track one down to add to my collection for nostalgia solely. Hit the usual spot like Ebay and such. No luck. Any idea where to score one of these? Specifically the red one. Thanks for the ideas in advance.

c86e48deb9bcd923c9426f4347de946e.jpg

Thanks Rep732. Saw that one. Broken shock mount and no transmitter it appears. That was only one I found...so I am gonna hold out see if a better condition one with transmitter pops up.
Thanks dude. Saw that one, but looking for the red like I had back in the day. Really appreciate the input though guys!

I wish I knew that I liked rc back when I was a kid. Didn’t even pick up my first rc until late 20’s. Spent my teens and early 20’s as a degenerate drug infested skateboarder instead

Hey brother, but your here now and made it out of those times. That is what matters! I got into RC young. Like posted, started with the Turbo Hopper, then in 1990 got a Tamiya Lunchbox. Got out for a while and got back into about 18 years ago and been in since.

Got my first rc when I was 5 as a birthday gift from my brother then moved on to radio shack rc cars then Tamiya falcon, Tamiya lunchbox, Kyosho highrider corvette probably had about 50 different rc thought the years buying upgrading selling to get the next one on my radar

Seems about when a lot of us started with "real" RCs was about 10-12. I was 10 when I got my Lunchbox for Christmas. Built it with my dad. Good memories there. Like the nostalgia so much added two lunch boxes to my fleet a while ago. One rig I never got and ALWAYS wanted when I was a kid was a Clodbuster. Maybe ill add one to my fleet eventually. The black edition one looks cool. Here are my Lunchboxes. Wish I kept my original one from back in the day.20200414_162816.jpg20200414_162810.jpg

Seems about when a lot of us started with "real" RCs was about 10-12. I was 10 when I got my Lunchbox for Christmas. Built it with my dad. Good memories there. Like the nostalgia so much added two lunch boxes to my fleet a while ago. One rig I never got and ALWAYS wanted when I was a kid was a Clodbuster. Maybe ill add one to my fleet eventually. The black edition one looks cool. Here are my Lunchboxes. Wish I kept my original one from back in the day.View attachment 63993View attachment 63994
Those look mint I never owned a cold buster either always wanted one had grass hopper monster beetle. Always wanted a rc 10 one of my favorite rc movies is Clint Eastwood Deadpool

My son as well is about to be 17...zero intrest...he builds PCs for fun and really enjoys that. My 13 year old daughter runs a Traxxas Stampede, maintains it and runs it hard. She has a blast with RC. My Lunchboxes are both on the stock brushed motors and stock electronic speed controls. They come with electronic speed controls in the kits vs old school mechanical. They are wheelie beasts, even only running them on 6 cell Nimh packs. They are decent for speed on road and bounce around like a son of a gun off road. Just use friction shocks and springs. No oil dampening. They are a blast to drive when you wanna run something with almost no maintenance and easy fun. Ours we just upgraded from bushings to bearings...otherwise all stock.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks