Blast from the past, trying to find...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who remembers back mid-late 1980s...the Tyco Turbo Hopper! Released in 1986 and many of us would stare at it through the glass case at Toys R Us. I had a red one, 27mhz back in late 86 or 87. Im trying to track one down to add to my collection for nostalgia solely. Hit the usual spot like Ebay and such. No luck. Any idea where to score one of these? Specifically the red one. Thanks for the ideas in advance.

View attachment 63990
Weren't they also known as the Grasshopper?

Who remembers back mid-late 1980s...the Tyco Turbo Hopper! Released in 1986 and many of us would stare at it through the glass case at Toys R Us. I had a red one, 27mhz back in late 86 or 87. Im trying to track one down to add to my collection for nostalgia solely. Hit the usual spot like Ebay and such. No luck. Any idea where to score one of these? Specifically the red one. Thanks for the ideas in advance.

View attachment 63990

I had one of those when i was a kid!

Good luck finding, keep searching ebay.
One is bound to show up.

When i was a kid, my mom bought me a little silver rc c4 vette.
Headlights popped up and turned on, steering wheel turned with the wheels, and i swear the targa top came off.

Fast forward 30 years later, I'm restoring that exact same car, and in the same color!
So i tried to find that little rc.

Found nothing, got some close, and even a hot wheels car, and one of those 1/18 scale models of it.
But not the rc that was tied to my child hood.

Years later, i found the exact rc on ebay.

But it has bad timing, I'll probably regret passing on it in a year or two.

Patience is the point I'm trying to make here.
?

Oh and i totally bought the hot wheels, and the 1/18 scale dicast model.
?

Last edited:
LOL you youngsters kill me. I was born in 1973
Growing up down the road from hobby junction
In centereach ny. I got to see ALL those new tamiya's in there display case. Then on Saturdays they would race at a little dirt track behind the V.F.W. big nicad batteries on 30 minute chargers. Good times!!! My first truck was a year old blackfoot that i got from my best friends dad. 1 six cell, a fataba pistol with a 4 foot antenna ? then when my mom seen i would spend all Saturday at the track she bought me a grass hopper. Good times... Been hooked ever since.. Only stuff i don't mess with is planes or helicopters. Now onto 1/5 scale

In centereach ny. I got to see ALL those new tamiya's in there display case. Then on Saturdays they would race at a little dirt track behind the V.F.W. big nicad batteries on 30 minute chargers. Good times!!! My first truck was a year old blackfoot that i got from my best friends dad. 1 six cell, a fataba pistol with a 4 foot antenna ? then when my mom seen i would spend all Saturday at the track she bought me a grass hopper. Good times... Been hooked ever since.. Only stuff i don't mess with is planes or helicopters. Now onto 1/5 scale
don't get into flight unless your good with disappointment. You crash a lot before you figure out how to keep it in the air. Helps if you have a friend that flys and you can sync your tx into trainer mode.

I thought most people here is over 40 I’m 46 myself
My lunchbox and thunder tiger bike20210220_125225.jpg20210220_125210.jpg

I was born in 53
Tamiyas came out when I was in my 30s

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks