Brushless Losi DBXL Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twissted

I used the body parts in the title because it looks like a losi when I get done with it...kinda sort of, well maybe, I hope.

What you see here is a retired revo That I picked up a few years ago on ebay and seen that it needed bearings and some other broken parts. replaced. So I picked it up cheap and then I cut the frame ito 3 pieces and made a new chassis to make a longer better revo. I build somd Hot Racing CNC diffs ithe the E-Revo diff gears and then built custom drive shafts to get this crazy idea od using a HPI Vorza center diff as a trns using a gear above the deck and a smaller as the pinion gear. It's a crazy idea that should work I hope??? Any how to keep weight down I'm going with the Losi DBXL cage and body to keep it looking good and hopefully tough.

It will use a HPI vorza Motor mount and the center diff insted of a trans. I built the system my self and there isn't anything like it.
RevoXL011_zpsd643f88b.gif

RevoXL017_zps9838c983.gif

I have 2 of these motors and one will go in this build. The one you see here is going in my other build of a revo that will have a Axial Yeti XL body and will have a 2 speed trans and 18.75 inch wheel base. Both buggies will use this Vorza motor mount.

RevoXL005_zpsac089960.jpg

I also have another one that I plan on building with a aluminum roll cage that will be for hill climbing comps. It will use a HPI vorza Motor mount and the center diff insted of a trans. I built the system my self and there isn't anything like it.

RevoXL011_zpsd643f88b.gif

RevoXL017_zps9838c983.gif

I just ordered 2 of these!
Factory Spec 7.4V 9400mAh 60C Traxxas
7.4V Soft Case pack 9400mAh 60C pack. Fits E-Revo battery compartment.

9460-2S2P-500x500_zps68f46c79.jpg

Will be here this Thursday.

So here it is with some welds done.

RevoXL004_zpsfc922c9f.gif

RevoXL005_zpsc6e65fde.gif

The aluminum rod I will be working with is from Home Depot. I will be using it to make the body mounts and custom bumpers.

RevoXL005_zpsecdd1865.jpg

On the 21" wheel base that I have some Parts needed to be replaced. I bought a roller from ebay years back and It needs bearings and the suspension rocker arms were shot also. I welded the LiPo boxes that is part of the frame also.

RevoXL004_zps33642045.jpg

RevoXL001_zps1637f9e4.jpg

My design is much better than the Kershaw Design or the Traxxas. Here is why; I have a lower center of gravity, motor sits lower, moter has zero flex, the chassis has no flex, less out side mass so it handles better and mine is build to the wheel base to what ever body that I want. Wait till you see what I do with the Yeti XL build. It will be on 18.75" wheel base has a 2 speed trans, locking diffs and has everything in design other than the trans. so it will be a rock crawler and a high speed basher. I'm just waiting on a body to become available.

I will be at least 10 pounds lighter in weight than the Losi DBXL so using 4s (can run up to 6s) and a 4074 2200 kv motor should have me beating the pants of it.

I hope to beat the pants off of the Axial Yeti XL as well.

As for not using a Losi DBXL to start with is because I already have the revo.
Mostly because I have a Redcat XBE!!!
RevoXL006_zpsac92f51e.jpg

Last edited:
I might have to use a wider stance with this body. If that is the case then I'll slapping down 160.00 and going to buy wheels and tires from RC4WD. Very Scale looking!!!!!
Z-W0186-6_zps4b42218e.jpg

I like these wheels and tires. the wheels and plastic so ther light weight and tough. The Mickey Thompson 40 Series 3.8" Baja MTZ Scale Tires look like they would work well also.
Z-W0186-41_zpsbcbc36b1.jpg

So now that I have this new body it's time to start cutting it up!
Here is what's going to happen. I'm cutting 31mmoff the bottom of the body and cage. Then adding aluminum to the bottom to tie it back together. It will be a rock slider when it's done.
RevoDesertBuggyXL003_zps33f2b13e.jpgRevoDesertBuggyXL004_zps9d8cbd00.gif4068dd11-0523-4b0e-8b2f-2ce915b21cf2_zpsdea47257.gif

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks