Brushless Losi DBXL Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember these? Z-W0186-4_zps18b9a167.jpg
Well there still in the works but to save money I will be going with the BFG Krawlers insted of the Micky 3.8" BAJA MTZ
I save 30.00 and I like the look and size just as much. In fact the size is better for what I need from them for the Desert Buggy Build.
laxic1042_zpsa7e40b91.jpg

Also ther is going to be a big change in plans for my Yeti XL chassis that I was using. I will be changing it to Carbon fiber I plan on cutting a new Vantage chassis and adding carbon fiber to get the lenght that I will be needed.RE0303_zps558d030c.jpg Also the diffs are going to be beefed up by using Losi LST 2 diffs with thge aluminum housings. _1_zps49a7c4ce.gif
This will then be able to take big power and large tires with no problems Hoping to make it light weight and bomb proof at the same time. I still plan on mounting the Hitec HS-5575MG servo. I want the build not only light as possible but strong as possible. Should be a bad boy RC Desert Buggy! I have been looking on the tower web site and the cage pieces can be had. I may go that route and and the factory plasic pannels later. I will make my own aluminum pannels and go from there. I should have the parts I need and have the build ready for Christmas. Time and money will tell. I'm trying to find Vantage carbon A-arms if anyone knows of any.

After looking at the Losi Muggy online. I think that it will be my next project for what ever cool offroad body comes along. I will use a carbon chassis to get the wheel base that will be needed to make it happen. Should be a wild build.

I just placed a order with RC4WD for the new 3.8 Beadlocks for the Desert Buggy build. I will welcome 2'' wider stace that these offer. They look good also.
Z-W0186-4_zps18b9a167.jpg

Next payday I'll get the BFG Krawlers!

I ordered the 3.8 BFG Krawlers today. I also picked up a new esc to try. It's a SkyRC Toro-8S 150A ESC for 1:8 sensored/sensorless RC 2-6s LiPo+capacitors that I found on ebay. It's being shipped from china so it will be awhile before I see it. The tires are from NY so they should be here in a week. I got a smoking deal on them 55.00 set of 4 shipped!

f04310f6-757c-430b-a4b5-e0633d1199ea_zps83eb5375.jpgd611fe60-519b-4cdd-9d80-4cfa1295774b_zps7a050587.gif

I picked up a HD sports 1080 video camera today on ebay it looks just like the GO PRO. The reviews, look real good and the price was $55.00 free shipping. I picked up a SD mini 32GB card that it doesn't come with (good thing I watched a youtube review) on ebay also for $7.05 free shipping. So I will do some on board vids when it shows up from China.

I didn't do much lately I did take the slipper clutch apart and sand the surfaces and oil the bearing. I made a new solder connection on one of the lipos. I just touched it and it came apart. I'm lucky it didn't cause any problems as it almost always does. Oh I made a strap for the front hood pins also. I should be able to pull them fast if I ever need to and with the cord it is harder to loose the clips also.
RevoDesertBuggy005_zps037da05c.jpgRevoDesertBuggy006_zpse819fc92.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks