C9A5B Baja build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So..I started taking a look at the baja to find out what went bye, withing 30seconds I found it ?
The same thing happened last run ??‍♂️

Attachments

• 20200904_225038.jpg
    20200904_225038.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200904_225046.jpg
    20200904_225046.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200904_225100.jpg
    20200904_225100.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 12
Helical gears, not straight cut, same gears in a normal car gearbox ??

Im looking at getting the rcmax 40gt eventually ?

Yea ,that is the only place seen them at ,but not in RC!...

However ,I have seen them twist like that under nitro powered rigs if the engine wasnt lined up right!...:unsure:

Yea ,that is the only place seen them at ,but not in RC!...

However ,I have seen them twist like that under nitro powered rigs if the engine wasnt lined up right!...:unsure:
I've run them for quite some time now, same amount of teeth as standard gearing just alot more quiet than straight cut. It was a buy I thought would be good a long time ago lol

I've run them for quite some time now, same amount of teeth as standard gearing just alot more quiet than straight cut. It was a buy I thought would be good a long time ago lol

I did not know that they existed for RC ,how were they on performance?:cool:

The problem with helical cut gears is they Induce thrust into the gear shaft. I would imagine that may be one if the issues you are having, breaking the bell shaft. Straight cut gears don't induce thrust, are typically stronger and yes noisier. You should hear 4th and 5th in my nv4500 behind my cummins..... I wouldnt go straight cut on a daily driver, but they haven't poop the bed yet.

I did not know that they existed for RC ,how were they on performance?:cool:
For one they don't strip lol but performance wise there's nothing different other than they are more quiet than straight cut gears, so you can't really hear that whine when you drive
The problem with helical cut gears is they Induce thrust into the gear shaft. I would imagine that may be one if the issues you are having, breaking the bell shaft. Straight cut gears don't induce thrust, are typically stronger and yes noisier. You should hear 4th and 5th in my nv4500 behind my cummins..... I wouldnt go straight cut on a daily driver, but they haven't poop the bed yet.
I have a load of plastic straight cut with the original pinion, might put them back on? ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks