Crucial 5ive B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah try that filter. If not I'd definitely say it's motor related ?
Will change the filter to the new one in the new tank kit I got.
Just a thought could you be getting too much back pressure from your silenced pipe? Just thinking aloud here? What you could do is slap one of the other motors you have and try? Do you have another pipe?
?Another engine. I don't want to touch the Vekta maybe...
That is if it ran for more than 10mins???
Thanks Z?
Could still be heat soak causing vapor lock, try a run with no shell on mate see if it runs better.
I'll give it a try Mark?? Gonna be a min cause I pulled the engine out and head off to see if I could find any internal damage. And I don't see anything obvious.

Will change the filter to the new one in the new tank kit I got.

?Another engine. I don't want to touch the Vekta maybe...

Thanks Z?

I'll give it a try Mark?? Gonna be a min cause I pulled the engine out and head off to see if I could find any internal damage. And I don't see anything obvious.
I don't think it is anything to do with your engine, I've heard it an it sounds happy ??

I don't think it is anything to do with your engine, I've heard it an it sounds happy ??
Another motor would put the tank vent to rest
I would open your high speed needle a bit and possibly make a little heat shield that blocks the carb from the exhaust and vent your side pods, just to try and see if it is heat related
I'd run with no body first that will sort out if it's a heat issue???

I'd run with no body first that will sort out if it's a heat issue???

I run a different pipe (booster) which admittedly comes a lot closer to the motor and carb than the pipe that crucial is running.
my primer bulb used to get quite low after each qualifying heat on race day. but it never leaned out in the final.

once I vented my sideguards and made a little alloy heat shield, my primer bulb was always full.

however there are many variables the uk is a lot cooler than most places. elevation can also play a possible part.

I will have to mesh my side pods at some point as it does let debris into the chassis.

have you tried running a little richer on the high speed needle?

hope you finally sort this out soon and it doesn't end up being something simple like the fuel lines being backwards. :ROFLMAO:

What about the rovan?
Seriously do you have another pipe?
I have a TGN X can I can try.
I took the head off and she looks good. Ring moves free and no gouges in the cylinder or piston.
I would open your high speed needle a bit and possibly make a little heat shield that blocks the carb from the exhaust and vent your side pods, just to try and see if it is heat related
I made one out of some aluminum diamond plate and I think it works pretty well.
15683210225392612953888654845103.jpg
I really do appreciate all the comments and help fellas. Keep the suggestions coming. With you guys help I'm sure I'll figure it out.?? Now I have to wait for a new head gasket before I can do anymore testing tho. Guess I'll be taking the Vekta or Rovan for a spin.

I don't think anything is wrong with your engine either. A two stroke kinda runs or not if there is any type of leak. Bad crank seals may run for a little, but you'd never be able to keep a tune on the carb. 10 min of good running means (to me) not the engine, but something external. I got no good ideas for ya mate. The other guys said what I would have suggested.

I don't think anything is wrong with your engine either. A two stroke kinda runs or not if there is any type of leak. Bad crank seals may run for a little, but you'd never be able to keep a tune on the carb. 10 min of good running means (to me) not the engine, but something external. I got no good ideas for ya mate. The other guys said what I would have suggested.
Thanks Sean?? I bet it's the damn fuel filter. don't know why I didn't swap it out before pulling the cylinder head.? Oh well, when the head gasket comes in I'll put it back together then swap out the fuel filter and try again.

A little update. Got her all back together. New head gasket. New intake gasket. New tank. New tank filter. New lines. New vent and cap. New exhaust gasket and coupler. Coil regapped. Carb and intake torqued down to 31inlbs. Head torqued to 61inlbs. Gonna get her out tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20190914_191613.jpg
    20190914_191613.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190914_191716.jpg
    20190914_191716.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190914_203413.jpg
    20190914_203413.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190914_203420.jpg
    20190914_203420.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190914_203427.jpg
    20190914_203427.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190914_211907.jpg
    20190914_211907.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 13
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks