Crucial Kraken Vekta.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My SX5 cage is a major PIA to get on and off????
I don't think it's as easy to put on and take off as the 5iveT but maybe just me??‍♂️ The Vekta has the middle attachment that's a PITA. I have the quick release kit and I still think it sucks. I think it strong but sucks to put on and take off.

Took ole girl out today and got a good 10min run then the steering started to get bad. Pulled her over to try and see what was going on and couldn't find anything but it would only turn about an inch in wither direction. So figured I'd put her up. Got home and started to investigate. The forward most servo gears were gone and I found some burnt wiring in the batt box. I think the wires melted together causing the 1 servo to over extend then stripped the gears. I hate the vekta batt box. I think I'm gonna come up with a solution. I removed the damaged servo and wiring. I now have it on 1 steering servo so I can get her back out there. 20200613_171033.jpg20200613_171017.jpg

Took ole girl out today and got a good 10min run then the steering started to get bad. Pulled her over to try and see what was going on and couldn't find anything but it would only turn about an inch in wither direction. So figured I'd put her up. Got home and started to investigate. The forward most servo gears were gone and I found some burnt wiring in the batt box. I think the wires melted together causing the 1 servo to over extend then stripped the gears. I hate the vekta batt box. I think I'm gonna come up with a solution. I removed the damaged servo and wiring. I now have it on 1 steering servo so I can get her back out there. View attachment 60073View attachment 60074
Damn ur vekta is like my Baja , problems every run ??? jk

I agree with you on Vekta battery box. Look at how mine is at the moment????
View attachment 60075
I’m gonna try to draw something up on the CAD and see if I can make a better one.
Let me know when you make one cause I'll gladly pay??
It didn't mess the receiver up ? It looks a little melted ?
O its fekd. I have an extra sanwa that I'm going to use. Its smaller than the futaba so thats a plus.

All back together now waiting to go out tomorrow.

Last edited:
You need to get a bypass harness for those duel servo set ups, or at least micro fuse them. The harness would have saved your reciever, as it would have only been sending the signal. Not power and ground. I've feked a few recievers in my rock crawler before. drawing too much amperage through the reciever.

You need to get a bypass harness for those duel servo set ups, or at least micro fuse them. The harness would have saved your reciever, as it would have only been sending the signal. Not power and ground. I've feked a few recievers in my rock crawler before. drawing too much amperage through the reciever.
In my cart at ddm, along with a new servo?? Never had any issues with the dual servo Y-harness on my L5B tho?

Wheelman design box looks very nice I might have to look into that asap (y)

What servo harness did you end up buying the DarkSoul one?I contacted DDM about it earlier today.
The Dark soul sm159. Im gonna wait until Monday to place the order cause I may miss out on a good dotd?
Now that looks more like what a kv5 battery box should look like ??
Right! All the space on the truck and that little azz box. On a side note both steering servos are ? ? Took it back to the field and the 2nd servo didn't last 2 minutes.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks