Crucial Kraken Vekta.5

crucialRC

Sir Lancelot ๐Ÿ›ก
Build Thread Contributor
Gonna have to clamp it for sure
Yeah, I think since I have 2 of each type I'm gonna use the regular red one 1st with some hi temp cable ties I just got then if I still have a problem I may try the black one.
Can you put some ptfe tape on the header before mating the two then the black coupler over๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
That should seal it up.
๐Ÿค”I wouldn't think the thread sealant tape would hold up with the manifold heat. It wouldn't melt?

crucialRC

Sir Lancelot ๐Ÿ›ก
Build Thread Contributor
It sort of melts into a seal, it certainly doesn't melt and run all over the place. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Cool, I'm gonna give it a try next if this fails. All back together now and charged up for the next run. Pull start fixed, dual turnbuckle ends swapped out for some longer ones and coupler fitted with hi temp cable ties.
20200529_101204.jpg 15907618157812038713994135785972.jpg

JT3

Laying pipe all day๐Ÿฅ’
Build Thread Contributor
Crucial how are you liking the v5? I knew your name sounded familiar, Iโ€™ve watched a few of your videos before I joined the forum. I really like the 5t but itโ€™s currently out of stock everywhere Iโ€™ve looked online. I like the look of the v5 but I donโ€™t know much about it. I see youโ€™ve had some issues with it. Would you say you have more issues with it than the Losi platform? Or is that type of stuff pretty standard with these big vehicles?