Crucial Kraken Vekta.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Detroit Performance John hit me back on the email and said "There were several different pipes and several different couplers. Just use the ones that work best."
If it's a ceramic fibre it should outlast the silicon by a long shot.
I'm pretty sure it's a ceramic fiber. Do you think it would seal the 2 pieces of pipe tho?

Gonna have to clamp it for sure
Yeah, I think since I have 2 of each type I'm gonna use the regular red one 1st with some hi temp cable ties I just got then if I still have a problem I may try the black one.
Can you put some ptfe tape on the header before mating the two then the black coupler over??‍♂️
That should seal it up.
?I wouldn't think the thread sealant tape would hold up with the manifold heat. It wouldn't melt?

It sort of melts into a seal, it certainly doesn't melt and run all over the place. ??
Cool, I'm gonna give it a try next if this fails. All back together now and charged up for the next run. Pull start fixed, dual turnbuckle ends swapped out for some longer ones and coupler fitted with hi temp cable ties.
20200529_101204.jpg15907618157812038713994135785972.jpg

Crucial how are you liking the v5? I knew your name sounded familiar, I’ve watched a few of your videos before I joined the forum. I really like the 5t but it’s currently out of stock everywhere I’ve looked online. I like the look of the v5 but I don’t know much about it. I see you’ve had some issues with it. Would you say you have more issues with it than the Losi platform? Or is that type of stuff pretty standard with these big vehicles?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks