Crucial Primal Dragster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done mate. Going big on gearing I take it?
I have a 34/40 for now for it that I wanna try 1st.
20210215_083631.jpg
Looking amazing! That guy with the fastest dragster in MD from your video is gonna have a tough time accepting your the new champ!
Nah I'm still new to this drag racing. I'm just in it for fun. Monster is straight up competition and he's good at it??
Tell me is that a new cylinder onthe 71.......sure it was all black???‍♂️
Not sure mate. I bought her 2nd hand.

Tranny and engine lined up perfectly in the gear plate. It's just mocked up for now cause I need to order a new bell and bell carrier. The previous owner did some kind of thread insert repair that I'm not too keen of.
20210215_124918.jpgHad to do a little trimming on the Bonehead tranny plate due to the 80mm clutch housing.20210215_124912.jpg
Axles and tubes back in.
20210215_124923.jpg
Tank squeezed back in.
20210215_124937.jpg

What are your first opinions on that Bonehead rear chassis plate? We were just discussing them in my thread. Do you think it would hold up to off-road racing? Cartwheels, rolls and such.

Hanging with the BMoreRC guys gave me the dragster racing itch. So I made the purchase of the Quick Silver ARTR dragster from Prinal RC. My kit was delivered opened. I'm guessing they opened it to remove the RTR parts from the kit. In doing so I didn't receive the instruction manual and maybe a package of screws. All good tho cause the manual is available to be downloaded from their website and I have an assortment of screws. Ill probably still email them and get my manual cause I like to keep them. Heres some pics of this thing. Its hard as hell to get a complete picture of it?View attachment 65493View attachment 65494View attachment 65495View attachment 65496
That is badder than bad.

Crucial do you need RCRs bro, they seem like unnecessary weight to me. What about the FullForce Carbon setup. I don’t know that a lot of people realise that weight in the drivetrain slows spin up no end.

I could be talking out of my blow hole but for me I’d looking to reduce inertia on the drivetrain mostly to get the engine in its sweet spot a a soon as. I would have thought that’s essential in a drag car.

Please school me if I’m wrong.

Milo mate.... in any form of racing weight is a give and take game. Light is only good if it holds up. Lance's dragsters will be getting quite a work out if he gets it tuned in quickly. That lumpy mill hes got will rattle it to death without strong parts. Brakes are a hard stop on messing about. Weight isnt a trade off in them. You get what you know works or a trusted brand. As for the lighting the drive train much the same applies. You can only go so light before performance and or longevity suffers. I'll site top fuel here. They run alloy con rods. They arw only good for a very short time before needing replaced. The mass of the flywheel and counter weights help to tame out the power pulses as well as maintain inertia to get to the next power cycle. Delicate balancing act going too light.

What are your first opinions on that Bonehead rear chassis plate? We were just discussing them in my thread. Do you think it would hold up to off-road racing? Cartwheels, rolls and such.

I ran one on my 80 supreme, no issues. Their are so many chassis braces and engine braces on a baja its crazy. I wouldn't go cheap and would only do bonehead as his are thicker though if your set on it. With that said, theirs always a chance it could break

Milo mate.... in any form of racing weight is a give and take game. Light is only good if it holds up. Lance's dragsters will be getting quite a work out if he gets it tuned in quickly. That lumpy mill hes got will rattle it to death without strong parts. Brakes are a hard stop on messing about. Weight isnt a trade off in them. You get what you know works or a trusted brand. As for the lighting the drive train much the same applies. You can only go so light before performance and or longevity suffers. I'll site top fuel here. They run alloy con rods. They arw only good for a very short time before needing replaced. The mass of the flywheel and counter weights help to tame out the power pulses as well as maintain inertia to get to the next power cycle. Delicate balancing act going too light.
I don’t disagree at all.

My main rig is built like a tank and weighs about the same. I’m looking at trying to reduce as much weight without compromising strength. I’ve got a lot of Ti and carbon parts for my next build and it could well fall to bits after a couple of tanks, time will tell.
They are poop
Have you had some?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks