• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPPPDDDDAAATTTTTEEEEEEEE TIIIMMEEEEE: got a response from dude, the rod I was looking at the center section is 5.2mm and the slot on my crank the the rod passes threw is exactly 5mm is option 1, mod the crank, option 2 modify the rod, option 3 look for a new rod. I'm picking option 3, not to crazy about messing with the rod especially the thinnest part of it. Messing with the crank would be a pain in the ass so I prefer not.
Right when I thought I got it in control, it just kicks me in the balls.
Oh also I'm feeling much better today than I did yesterday ?

I've got a question, if it does come down to It, which I hope it doesn't, I might have to mod the inside of the crank webs and take off about 1mm, would this weaken it? Cuz it wouldn't thk so cuz there's so much meterial on it already.
So what the problem is is that the new rods center part15462879480615408281191984249692.jpg
Is Gunna be thicker so I wanna remove a little from the crank to allow it to pass through, would this weaken it enough to fail or?
256543461.jpg

I've got a question, if it does come down to It, which I hope it doesn't, I might have to mod the inside of the crank webs and take off about 1mm, would this weaken it? Cuz it wouldn't thk so cuz there's so much meterial on it already.
So what the problem is is that the new rods center partView attachment 48468
Is Gunna be thicker so I wanna remove a little from the crank to allow it to pass through, would this weaken it enough to fail or?
View attachment 48469
I think it will work if it's only 1mm taking off each side

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Your not gonna hurt it. The small amount of material your taking out shouldn't be an issue. Like said above getting it balanced and trued will get you back to point A again.
Awsome ? still I'd like to try to find a rod thin enough to fit the crank without modding, like I've said, modding is the last resort, but it's good to know that it'll b fine. Still will talk to the machine shop just cuz ?? happy new year, make this new year great!!!!!!!!! ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks