• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah seen the price on the power spark.... figured it was another option. The second link got a bunch of good reviews on on rc universe. Try giving them a shout. I'll openly admit am a bit green on the rc cdi.
I'll ask them ? the power spark is top of the line, just can't afford one right now, spend my 200 USD on the crank.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Rcame-Ignition-CDI-Hall-Sensor-Tester-for-Da-DLE-Gas-Engine-RC-Plane/1731445539?_trkparms=aid=666006&algo=PRP.MBE&ao=1&asc=20151029144032&meid=4b870c39acdf4de38e5e48e82e09af70&pid=100534&rk=2&rkt=7&&_trksid=p2349526.c100534.m4207
Found another one....gonna message this guy on ebay and see if he has a non advancing unit....although as your revs go up advancing the timing is a good thing. But well get into that later. For as cheap as this kit is I may get one to play with.
Read up on rcame ignitions and they r the same as the rcexl ignition that u linked I think. Also the s/s ignition that u also linked I've heard is good,

Yeah used to, diesels mostly but an engine is an engine. I've dabbled with small engines my whole life and some how have managed to be the chain saw fix it guy around here so a stroke isnt anything new. Always love a good engine build project. And this really fascinates me so any help I can give I'm in!

Yeah used to, diesels mostly but an engine is an engine. I've dabbled with small engines my whole life and some how have managed to be the chain saw fix it guy around here so a stroke isnt anything new. Always love a good engine build project. And this really fascinates me so any help I can give I'm in!
Awesome ??
I sent rcexl a message asking them about my whole thing, I'll post a reply once I get it

Last edited:
Got a reply from them and they said watch this video so I will lol
So I watched it and from what I can understand it seams as tho u have to see the timing to what u but the timing u set is static timing so for say u set it at 30 deg before tdc when it acutally is running it will be 5 degrees before tdc then it will gradually advance till it's at full throttle and when it's at full throttle it will be at 30 deg B4 tdc from what I understand. you can change it whenever you want but there's a process to changing the timing. I am also looking at a rotor stator ignition like what's on a motorcycle, I'll see if I can find a small enough one. That would be the easiest to change timing on.
It would be probably b easier for u to figure out and then you could help me.
Thinking of modifying this style stator (I think that's what this is called ?) To fit my needs, this will work with pretty much every CDI I think
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/191972725506
Unless I'm understanding this completely wrong

Last edited:
While you have more adjustability regarding or advancing timing too much will hurt performance you you will only have roughly the same amount of play as a adjustable magneto coil system with possible gain you just have more room to experiment with cdi and also find the sweet spot easier than adjusting a coil

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I'll check out the vid when I get home tonight.... and adjustable magneto system would be the easy non advancing method. But I think the cdi will be the easy one to set up imo.
Should be easy once you know where to put the magnet and sensor I might also switch to cdi but my 45cc relies on the fan cooling otherwise it would cook but one thing for sure I cannot wait to see this 70cc finished

The easy way just will not do! :unsure::LOL:
??
I'll check out the vid when I get home tonight.... and adjustable magneto system would be the easy non advancing method. But I think the cdi will be the easy one to set up imo.
Yes the CDI would be easiest.
Should be easy once you know where to put the magnet and sensor I might also switch to cdi but my 45cc relies on the fan cooling otherwise it would cook but one thing for sure I cannot wait to see this 70cc finished

Meet too!!!!!! ?.

Kay, also another idea is buying a cheap, complete wiring harness for the CDI and removing all the unnecessary items such as lights, alternator, ECT

??

Yes the CDI would be easiest.

Meet too!!!!!! ?.

Kay, also another idea is buying a cheap, complete wiring harness for the CDI and removing all the unnecessary items such as lights, alternator, ECT

Zee man..why do you make things so hard for yourself,??‍♂️?
What I would do is, buy the rcmk coil and source coil then by the rotor and mount the coil on the mounts in your Alex case and your timing will be set.
Job done..lol

Zee man..why do you make things so hard for yourself,??‍♂️?
What I would do is, buy the rcmk coil and source coil then by the rotor and mount the coil on the mounts in your Alex case and your timing will be set.
Job done..lol
Yes I know that is what they do, and I would do that if it would work but it won't cuz I'm running E85. I don't like spending time on hard stuff like this but it is what it is

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks