Dbxl problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nategate

Hello I am new to these 1/5 scale motors. I got a deal on a dbxl w no motor. I bought a 29cc motor on Amazon and put a tubed pipe and a walbro carb on it. It runs great for about 3 minutes then loses power and slows down to a crawl. I adjust the high needle and it runs great for 3 minutes then no power. I've replaced intake gaskets. Several spark plugs. New gas tank.. cleaned air filter.. lightly oiled. its a k&n filter.Checked gas tank vent.. It idles great but I am pulling my hair out with this thing. What am I missing?

Seriously not pulling your leg here. Your issue is in your carb and if you wanna use the clone engine till it blows up sooner than later buy a walbro 1107 from ddm

look at what doug and rep said above dude, about air leak and heat soak,
if ya run it and it does it again look at the primer bulb on the carb before ya turn it off and check if its empty, or nearly empty,
empty bulb eqauls no go, or not very well anyways,
i had this same issue a long time ago on a coupe of different engines, gen zenoah and cy as well, cy was a warped/leaky insulator block,
zenoah was heat soak,

Bulb was totally full throttle engine is an Amazon. Com special 39.5 cc. What is heat soak?
Bulb was full... no or very few bubbles
This motor
What is the insulator block?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210407-170223_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210407-170223_Chrome.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 9
Good god its definitely a Chinese special. Heat soak is when heat disrupts the proper operation of a given component. If you want a positive experience with this rig just suck it up and buy a reputable complete engine and toss that in the garbage. Remember 5th scale is not cheap and also you get what you pay for.....also what are you mixing your gas at? What ratio? What 2 stroke oil are you using? What octane fuel? What type of spark plug are you running...what brand?

Good god its definitely a Chinese special. Heat soak is when heat disrupts the proper operation of a given component. If you want a positive experience with this rig just suck it up and by a reputable complete engine and toss that in the garbage. Remember 5th scale is not cheap and also you get what you pay for.
Why is it when you say it, it doesn’t sound as bad as when I say it.

This ain’t fcuking fair. 😡🙄🤣

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks