DBXL Did I make a mistake ordering a DBXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This website I've found is able to ship for no cost.
RCModelz, on the other hand, have told me that it would cost me around EUR 240 for the shipping ALONE, mind you.
We do have a service where I live where you basically order something from the UK, have it shipped to one of their hubs in the UK, then they'll ship it to you and the cost is significantly cheaper. We're talking about EUR 50 (which is a huge difference from EUR 240).
As ridiculous as it may sound, I actually plan to leave everything stock. Not a fan of upgrading, so the only thing I'll spend money on is a kill switch, that's all. I like to enjoy things the way they come from the factory.

You keep telling me no and no about the Octane but I'm hella tempted mate.
if u want the octane...do it...it's ur money after all.(y).jus do ur homework...watch as many vids as u can...then only u can decide if its for u..(y)...tbh id let a few others chip in with there experiences before finally deciding on what u really want(y)...and if u wanna run stock...hay...do it.;)...jus remember to give it the full nut/bolt/screw chk over out the box...before u run it...as quality control can b lax and u don't wanna loose/strip/damage ur new rc(y)

if u want the octane...do it...it's ur money after all.(y).jus do ur homework...watch as many vids as u can...then only u can decide if its for u..(y)...tbh id let a few others chip in with there experiences before finally deciding on what u really want(y)...and if u wanna run stock...hay...do it.;)...jus remember to give it the full nut/bolt/screw chk over out the box...before u run it...as quality control can b lax and u don't wanna loose/strip/damage ur new rc(y)

I've already done some research and it doesn't seem to be so bad. I don't think many of them were sold though.
Regarding the RTR quality control thing. Yes, I am FULLY aware of loose screws, nuts and bolts straight out of the box as I've heard a ton of people complaining about this. Even HPI themselves tell ya to make sure everything is tightened when you unbox their products
Thanks for the heads up mate!

if u do go with a octane..(or anything for that matter;)) pls do a owners thread on it..(y)..as im sure a lot of us would like to see how u get on with it(y)....as i don't thk theres any on here from what i can see:unsure:

If I get it, I will do so regardless of how I find it!

I have several DBXL-E cars and find them much easier on the chassis, once you upgrade servo/ steering support and tires they are a blast as long as you don't bash the hell out of them.

Attachments

• IMG_20180617_135554989_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180617_135554989_HDR.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 12
I have several DBXL-E cars and find them much easier on the chassis, once you upgrade servo/ steering support and tires they are a blast as long as you don't bash the hell out of them.

Hello :)
Thanks for your reply! :)
I appreciate your suggestion but I'm currently looking to get a gasoline vehicle and I plan to leave it completely stock, replacing only the parts that break!

Very cute picture by the way! :)

I am only familiar with electric 1/5 scale so I would take advise from others on the forum that are more educated with 1/5 gas. I have seen the losi 5ive and they are definitely better built then the DBXL. Thanks, Kevin

I am only familiar with electric 1/5 scale so I would take advise from others on the forum that are more educated with 1/5 gas. I have seen the losi 5ive and they are definitely better built then the DBXL. Thanks, Kevin

Yes, I have in fact cancelled my DBXL order and will be getting something else, although I'm still unsure what exactly.

This website I've found is able to ship for no cost.
RCModelz, on the other hand, have told me that it would cost me around EUR 240 for the shipping ALONE, mind you.
We do have a service where I live where you basically order something from the UK, have it shipped to one of their hubs in the UK, then they'll ship it to you and the cost is significantly cheaper. We're talking about EUR 50 (which is a huge difference from EUR 240).
As ridiculous as it may sound, I actually plan to leave everything stock. Not a fan of upgrading, so the only thing I'll spend money on is a kill switch, that's all. I like to enjoy things the way they come from the factory.

You keep telling me no and no about the Octane but I'm hella tempted mate.

Buy a Losi 5ive and you won't regret it.
Anything else in 4WD is gonna cost heaps replacing broken parts.
Just did some reading on the Octane.
Only 15cc and a 3 speed gearbox - sounds like nothing but trouble to me.

Last edited:
Buy a Losi 5ive and you won't regret it.
Anything else in 4WD is gonna cost heaps replacing broken parts.
Just did some reading on the Octane.
Only 15cc and a 3 speed gearbox - sounds like nothing but trouble to me.

Thanks to all of you for the replies.
The 5IVE-T is just too expensive for me, we're talking EUR 1699...

I kinda agree with you on the Octane, as in, more parts mean more trouble in a long run, but from what I've been reading, after you find the sweet spot for the tuning it's all fine, especially once it breaks in. Shame it was discontinued as it had extreme potential.
Looks cute, sounds bad-ass, 1/8th scale, 15cc engine, 3-speed gearbox... the 15cc is actually very fast once it breaks in and starts shifting. It's not under-powered at all.

here is a review hemistorm
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
you make up you own mind

he dose a few upgrade vids as well

The DBXL is out of the question now.
Recently, I watched a video of a guy who has just bought the K&N version.
He said that after it broke in, he started replacing parts because they kept breaking, which to me seems like they still haven't fixed the issues it has. Shame really, as I wouldn't have cancelled my order if they did.

I'll probably just get an HPI Baja and be done with it. :p

why not spend $1350 and get the losi 5t only extra 350 and you get a solid awd tried and tested legend and its RTR

Thanks for the reply.
I would but it's not $1350. It will cost me EUR 1700, which is close to $1950, which is a little too much for an RC car.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks