DBXL Did I make a mistake ordering a DBXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has arrived, but...
I'm kinda disappointed. This is going to sound super ridiculous to you I know.
The truck is not factory sealed, it was opened in the store and you can easily tell because it's got light scratches on the roof, near one of the body clips and it's also got fingerprints on it which confirms that it was opened.

Unfortunately, I am very picky when it comes to these things, so much that I'm gonna end up returning it.
The moment it's opened, an item is no longer brand new, and you would expect an online retailer to sell brand new factory sealed items, right?

why not contact the seller and negotiate for a discount on spare or something else you want or will be needing later. surley it will be @ your expense to return?
it was advertised as new?

I contacted them the moment I opened up the box and noticed the thing was already opened. I mean, I bought it from a company (online shop), not a private seller. You'd expect a brand new and factory sealed item, just like when you're buying a laptop, mobile etc from a shop, online or not.

Chances are it will be free to return it because they'll probably be sending me a shipping label. They aren't going to be losing anything because they've probably got a contract with the shipping company which gives them the ability to ship things for free.

I know this might seem a little far-fetched to most of you, and I understand, but I am kinda frustrated at the fact they didn't inform me about it. I told them in the email that if they'd told me it was an open box, I wouldn't have ordered it, which is true after all.

It's the weekend so I'm waiting till Monday to get a reply from them.

Hello again! It's been some time.

I have returned the Kyosho and got a full refund.
I know I've spent a little too much time trying to decide what to get but I <<think>> I've finally made my decision (I cannot get another Kyosho FO-XX as they're discontinued and I haven't been able to find one).

I am going to be getting an HPI Savage X 4.6. There's this shop that's getting stock in October and shipping's dirt cheap too considering the weight and size of the thing! I've been told HPI are going to be making a bunch of spares for it too, so that's good!

nice.(y)..I`ve had a good few savvy trucks and love em....:love:......had 3 here last year..:p...a badass 4.6cc irc chassis one.....and 2x fluxs......sold 1...and still have my alza flux here.....running 8s atm....chk out my album here.....
https://flic.kr/s/aHsm4zNYU3
and heres my fluxs
https://flic.kr/s/aHskZwGoT3

Wow mate. Those are nice, seems like you've been through lots of different RCs.
If only I had the money to collect them! ;) :D

wtf happened there...:ROFLMAO:......yeah I`ve been through all the popular ones since I been in this hobby.....(y)

Hehe :D. Quick question... if you were to buy a Savage X 4.6 (brand new), how much would you pay for it?
I am only asking because I found it for EUR499 and when I talked to a local retailer he said that it's not a good price for it (note: this guy does not have it in stock and probably never will).
He suggested that I purchase a Trophy Truggy 4.6 from him for EUR485. I've found it online for much cheaper so there's no way I'll buy it from him if I were to buy a Trophy.

I actually broke down my 4.6 and sold he engine...a new force 5.2cc ....then I converted the left overs to a flux....(y)....it was a 5.9xl notta 4.6.....then i shortened it with a irc chassis and built it up as a 5.2cc shorty savvy.....as per pics in me albums......but I only ran It once then decided it had go go.....(y)

tbh I`d never buy any rc for the rrp price..(n)..as imo they r way overpriced:eek: so I go tidy 2nd hand every time....(y)...and I def wounlt buy a hpi trophy (n)...there shite..:poop:...bendy chassis..:poop:..poor quality ally.....:poop:

The Savage's RRP is EUR552 (GBP449), so I think I'm getting a good deal.
Unfortunately with me it's either new or nothing. Even if I wanted 2nd hand, there's no way I'm going to find anything locally because RCs are not that popular.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks