Doug's hpi 5B SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah right radio box ??
not a bad idea. i gotta look into it. ??
i gotta see how hard is it to design.
how many companies making baja boxes
how much room i got to work with
if my friend can lend me his baja i will have more ideas
Can I make a suggestion ? sure you'd do this anyway?? only use genuine hpi parts to get your dimensions ? coz the clone parts can be hit and miss?‍♂️?‍♂️

Last edited:
K so I bought the ufc clutch right ?? so far all good ?. Came with a turtle bell?? so you'd think fitting would not be a problem ? well you'd be wrong? the bell and the shoes damaged the v2 clutch bell and housing ???‍♂️ sharp edges on the bell??????20200822_143732.jpg
So to fix it I put shims and got out the dremel?‍♂️ and I put a hole in the bell housing???20200822_143755.jpg
Shoes catching on the clutch housing ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️??????20200822_143826.jpg
Then just to add salt to the wound my crank seal sprung a leak? oil round the transmission and was a bit in the clutch ?20200818_141117.jpg
No problem I'll get a new seal (specs 32 x 12 x 5.5) can only find 32 x 12 x 7........dose not work coz the clutch plate touches ?‍♂️ have to make a special order......ill get next week some time20200822_143902.jpg
So now for the little bit of good news?
I have a different clutch plate its a tad taller so shies won't touch??20200822_145004.jpg
And someone local had one of these for sale so I should have that next week as wellScreenshot_20200822-145150_Samsung Internet.jpg
So all this got me think .....OK FFS!!!!!?
This chassis is set up to take more power?? and with the new bits baja now I may sell the new rig ......maybe the reed obr and see what I can get to slap in the SX5???

K so I bought the ufc clutch right ?? so far all good ?. Came with a turtle bell?? so you'd think fitting would not be a problem ? well you'd be wrong? the bell and the shoes damaged the v2 clutch bell and housing ???‍♂️ sharp edges on the bell??????View attachment 62514
So to fix it I put shims and got out the dremel?‍♂️ and I put a hole in the bell housing???View attachment 62516
Shoes catching on the clutch housing ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️??????View attachment 62515
Then just to add salt to the wound my crank seal sprung a leak? oil round the transmission and was a bit in the clutch ?View attachment 62517
No problem I'll get a new seal (specs 32 x 12 x 5.5) can only find 32 x 12 x 7........dose not work coz the clutch plate touches ?‍♂️ have to make a special order......ill get next week some timeView attachment 62518
So now for the little bit of good news?
I have a different clutch plate its a tad taller so shies won't touch??View attachment 62519
And someone local had one of these for sale so I should have that next week as wellView attachment 62520
So all this got me think .....OK FFS!!!!!?
This chassis is set up to take more power?? and with the new bits baja now I may sell the new rig ......maybe the reed obr and see what I can get to slap in the SX5???
Damn that sux ?? well at least you got a solution ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks