Doug's hpi 5B SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's how the parts fit together, did the same thing on the front and rear of the vekta. Front rc max case has some grease pushing out around the seams the rear axle doesn't. Next time around I'm gonna seal the rc max case with some 518 loctite, should solve that issue. I've always hated how the grease channels out in the case and your wiping out nasty black grease and nice clean grease that didn't do a darn thing but get slung up every where. Trial and error i guess.

My main issue was it was coming out round the drive cups. So even if I did use sealer it would probably still ooze🤷‍♂️ im running blackbone gears so ultra hard 👍🏻 they been used for some time and show little wear only black oxide rubbed off......so not too concerned 👍🏻
I think it's how the parts fit together, did the same thing on the front and rear of the vekta. Front rc max case has some grease pushing out around the seams the rear axle doesn't. Next time around I'm gonna seal the rc max case with some 518 loctite, should solve that issue. I've always hated how the grease channels out in the case and your wiping out nasty black grease and nice clean grease that didn't do a darn thing but get slung up every where. Trial and error i guess.

My main issue was it was coming out round the drive cups. So even if I did use sealer it would probably still ooze🤷‍♂️ im running blackbone gears so ultra hard 👍🏻 they been used for some time and show little wear only black oxide rubbed off......so not too concerned 👍🏻
Hmm, that's one place I haven't had any ooze out around. Is this the rear with the bushing set up? Or you still running bearings in the case? (May be that was the diff)

Man your getting good at this video thing you might be ready to do a video for traxxas 🤣. Those tires look like it's much funner to drive bus seems a little slower compared to your genesis wheels. Did you feel a difference speed wise?
My setup is 25/49 and I did notice a slight loss of speed 🤔 i have 26/48 and next time ill try them

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks