Doug's hpi 5B SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait your worried about weight with a 70cc engine ???????? oh z the irony in that statement. You should have the power to pull a tank. Strength over weight reduction is what's gonna keep that beast together
I know I just don't wanna break my back every time I try and lift it. Plus I have to go down a steap steps of stairs to get down to my RC room so that would suck. Also yeah, strength is what I want but I want to keep a balance between lighter and strong.

Ok so a few updates??
Mounted the front end added TR top plate
Put on the tranny plate. TPD brace that goes between the motor and fuel tank. And from what iv seen with the rtr sx5 has part of the 5b roll cage that goes up next to the motor is used , so put it back on. Put the radio tray back in, got the cage out and started to fix bits on. One of my main concerns was, is the front shock tower gonna fit under the front pannel? and after fitting it I'm 98% sure all is good?? they where also kind enough to include two rear cage bits?? anywho took loads of pics enjoy ????523335233452335523365233752338523395234052341
Did have some issues ? like the saw bar braces in the fron the bolt is 5mm to short after front chassis brace the kit also has a skid plate. And the flm rear shock brace also needs longer hardware ??? but overall I'm pretty chuffed??52342

Ok so a few updates??
Mounted the front end added TR top plate
Put on the tranny plate. TPD brace that goes between the motor and fuel tank. And from what iv seen with the rtr sx5 has part of the 5b roll cage that goes up next to the motor is used , so put it back on. Put the radio tray back in, got the cage out and started to fix bits on. One of my main concerns was, is the front shock tower gonna fit under the front pannel? and after fitting it I'm 98% sure all is good?? they where also kind enough to include two rear cage bits?? anywho took loads of pics enjoy ????View attachment 52333View attachment 52334View attachment 52335View attachment 52336View attachment 52337View attachment 52338View attachment 52339View attachment 52340View attachment 52341
Did have some issues ? like the saw bar braces in the fron the bolt is 5mm to short after front chassis brace the kit also has a skid plate. And the flm rear shock brace also needs longer hardware ??? but overall I'm pretty chuffed??View attachment 52342
Looking good Doug ? cage looks badass ?

Yip i made the right move get the SX5 over TSBK1? would have gone for a team chase cage ?............. think ill have to get one and drop a OBR 57 twin:eek::LOL:(y) way in the future but????
Yeah the tskb is kinda ugly imo. This is their best cage, yet it's so unpopular unfortunately. Btw you could squeeze a obr 57 in dat cage, saw a guy on msuk sqeeze a alx 71 with the alx side pipe in der aswell.
See1001489Main.jpg
No need for a tc cage !

Yeah the tskb is kinda ugly imo. This is their best cage, yet it's so unpopular unfortunately. Btw you could squeeze a obr 57 in dat cage, saw a guy on msuk sqeeze a alx 71 with the alx side pipe in der aswell.
SeeView attachment 52346
No need for a tc cage !
Yip the pic has a twin? but if i get a team chase on the 5t chassis then i get to have one more kick ass rig???

Bit of news Sean has sent off my V2 read block ?????
Just got the tracking no? now that i own a torque wrench first thing ill do is check head bolts? cant see it happening twice ?? but not gonna taken any chances?
Always a good measure ? also after the first couple of runs, re torque the head becuase the metal expands and contracts for the first time so it might loosen up so just be extra safe ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks