Dynomometer low cost ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have an idea I just haven't found the stuff yet. You need an old 4 wheeler rear axle. One with disks brakes in the center. Still looking to see what is viable, and cost efficient.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/74cm-Compl...For-Go-Kart-Mini-Kids-QUAD-Buggy/184443942162
this along with your calipers would work Sean ! , do you have any other parts like the master cyl or ??

also going direct from the crank is gonna require 20k rpm bearings ! that is very fast for a small unit , measuring brake HP you would be about 2,000 rpm much safer IMO ! Im gonna go that way , there are some losses in the trans but. otherwise you need to have a heavy duty cover in-case a disk exploded or something ! .

Last edited:
I have 2 calipers and the hoses I think. I was planning on getting a master cylinder for the foot brake on a motor cycle for the project they were intended for, then I ended up scrapping that project. You welcome to have the calipers if you think they will work. I'll get some pictures of them when i get home after work. I'm 99% sure they have pads on them as well.

I have 2 calipers and the hoses I think. I was planning on getting a master cylinder for the foot brake on a motor cycle for the project they were intended for, then I ended up scrapping that project. You welcome to have the calipers if you think they will work. I'll get some pictures of them when i get home after work. I'm 99% sure they have pads on them as well.
Cool , the unit I am looking at on Ebay has calipers and everything BUT the caliper doesn't look so big so ?? let me get these parts and I can look at it , If yours are bigger that just reduces wear etc.

Here's what I got
View attachment 66085

They need cleaned up a bit, but should work if you need them. The mounting brackets arw on them too.
Some OLD mofo's for sure lol , I'm current looking at a HYdralic system might be easier and about the same cost , the biggest cost so far is a oil tank !!! WTFek but there is no high pressure except between the pump and valve so the tank is low pressure .
Ok Im gonna use a 3" PVC pipe 2ft long with caps and 3/8" NPT threaded end caps ! BAM cheap oil reserve tank. $16 .

so Oil pump + hoses + needle valve = $85 , sprockets + hubs + chain = $76 , oil tank $17 , metal parts ??? + bearings $150 ?? so maybe $330 + touch screen and microP $100 + some software updates ? so $500 Min. for Hydraulic version. so far.

The kart brake type is about $70 less so far.

Anybody KNOW C++ Coding ??? + Arduino

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks