Dynomometer low cost ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I got the load cell and data logging working , it stores to a sd card that you transfer the file into Excel with the charts I made up.
I have a geared version and direct crank version.

the rest of the parts should be here by Tues. the latest so the build can begin tomorrow.

I will post up a parts list and basic wiring schematic later so you guys can build your own if you want, and the drawings for the custom metal parts.

Update on the Dyno build , I got the brakes kinda working ! I might have to small of a master cyl ?? but the linkage to the axle is done ( I even ran it for a few sec. to see how it worked ,. All good ) I still have issues with the Arduino code ! fekkin RPMs are messed up , the load cell works fine , Any CODERS HERE ???? I NEED HELP .
I am waiting on smke more bearings and axle clamps ! it moved all over Duhh during my test.

Motor running lean eh?
So soon we will have some real hp no's??
could be , not showing on the plug , I had a crap day , got it all set up and couldnt get the motor to start !! pulled the starter cover and tried a drill with a socket and broke the flywheel !! dumb AZZ forgot to turn OFF my kill switch LOL ! and now waiting on parts , also had my magnets for the RPM sensor fly off ! these damn motors are SCARY on a bench !!

I wouldn't use that setup for checking things. Car has no weight like a full size car to keep the tires planted on the rollers. So the readings will be off. Try and strap the car down to help? Now you add force into it and will give a bad reading too because of the drag of the pressure pushing down. The best way is off the engine. The direct off the axle may work but the gearing I think is going to skew the readings even if accounted for.

the car is strapped by a U bolt that goes over the hub carrier where is connects to the axle/disk. going of the axle I multiply by the gear ratio to get a final RPM , I may add a spark plug RPM sensor later to track both.

well I got a new master cyl in today and this one works LOL ! BUT I cant get a smooth transition of braking power , Im using a servo with a flow regulator on an air supply but once it over comes the spring from the master cyl it locks tight ! ,
SO im gonna try a variable pressure regulator I designed for another product and see if that works better , it should , I suppose I could remove the internal spring of the master cyl and use a dual acting cyl with a 2 way air valve ?? I use this setup on a Air/Hydraulic heat press and it works great. This will force it open/closed with pressure control.

What about trying a return line back into the reservoir with a restricter in it? This way maybe you can make it a little more controllable? Instead of full pressure all at once you might be better with it returning some back at the same time as you go through the travel.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks