Dynomometer low cost ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look beat?
It's just dirt. The engine went out in it, and we found complete 4 wheeler, I stripped the stuff off I thought we would need. The pads are in good shape and was easier to take then mounting bracket off then just the pads off. Saved the trans as well. Didnt bother cleaning anything up as it was a freebie for a family member.

I was thinking I saw a guy with a 30kg load cell, but I would assume 50 lbs would be more then sufficient.
I was looking up dyno charts from some small 30cc motors and they were about 2-5 ft/lbs , got any links or dyno charts ? I found a chart on DDM for the Zenoah 320 it was 2nm or 1.5 ft/lbs MAX !

Also Im gonna need a HIGH torque servo to control the brakes it is a master cyl for a Kart , any suggestions for a LOW cost HIGH torque servo ? I could also go to a motorcycle master cyl but Im not sure if that will be easier to push ? 30KG one here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z3VGZNP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1LU71BLX914GS&psc=1

Last edited:
Getting close to a build level on cost and layout , I have the load and brakes automated I need to do some work on the rpm reading in software , when that is done it will be fully automated except for the throttle , that will come later

Attachments

• Assem 4.png
    Assem 4.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
I was looking up dyno charts from some small 30cc motors and they were about 2-5 ft/lbs , got any links or dyno charts ? I found a chart on DDM for the Zenoah 320 it was 2nm or 1.5 ft/lbs MAX !

Also Im gonna need a HIGH torque servo to control the brakes it is a master cyl for a Kart , any suggestions for a LOW cost HIGH torque servo ? I could also go to a motorcycle master cyl but Im not sure if that will be easier to push ? 30KG one here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z3VGZNP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1LU71BLX914GS&psc=1
Hmm, the guy I was referring to was running much bigger cc engines then our rc engines, come to think about it. Only spec I found was 2 nm @9k rpm, loosely translated to about 1.4lbft. So I would say a 10lb load cell should be proficient.
Good idea for the use of a wiper or window motor for a servo.

Hmm, the guy I was referring to was running much bigger cc engines then our rc engines, come to think about it. Only spec I found was 2 nm @9k rpm, loosely translated to about 1.4lbft. So I would say a 10lb load cell should be proficient.
Good idea for the use of a wiper or window motor for a servo.
Ya thats what I got for Torque #'s I have a programmable servo output on my system so I;m sticking with that

Ok I thought about it more and THIS is LOW COST it is Brake HP but it could be adapted to crank as well , attach the disk and moment arm directly to the drive hub ( U have to lock the other wheel ) , this eliminates the extra sprocket axles etc.New Assem 1.pngNew Assem 2.pngNew Assem 3.pngNew Assem 4.png

Gonna be hard on your diff gears mate. At that point, may as well add a roller and just strap the rig to it.
Because then you need a frame + rollers + bearings +++++ this way it is direct drive but thru the clutch , it will see more load than under power but the drive train should be able to handle it ,

remember this is a SMOOTH application of load ! (when Bashing you are JAMMING the diff. ) , like I said this could be adapted to the crank as well.

You could also run off the Large spur gear ! gotta check the rotation vs thread direction.

LOW COST is the point after all.

Wouldn't be better it went on the clutch bell off the pinion ?
going off the large spur does speed reduction , but direct off the clutch bell is what I meant ! , just need a good bearing block on the outside support . Then hold the car in place with blocks that hold each hub in place.

Then put a speed sensor on the axle to measure RPM from either the final drive or clutch

My setup is a 35kg servo with 3x torque = 100kg force so 220lbs should be good for a KArt master cyl. if not I will use a air cyl. with a needle valve , I have a servo output on my computer system for this function . Thanks for the info !! that is basically what I plan on.
how much variation is there from say a baja to a truck in wheelbase ?? are they all over the place ?

Last edited:
Im getting concern that I have to much mass now ?? I think I'm gonna have about 5 lbs in the disk/ax;e assembly ( I will weight it when I get the parts back ) what do you think ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks