ESP G340 vs OBR G340 reed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so a reed's only benefit is to be able to re-gear to make it faster?....i believe that if you have enough space and proper gearing you can make a lawnmower do 100mph
The reeds benefits is being able to have more intake duration then a piston port engine. They should make more power the a similar ported piston port engine, all thing being even.

so a reed's only benefit is to be able to re-gear to make it faster?....i believe that if you have enough space and proper gearing you can make a lawnmower do 100mph
No it has more power therefore you can gear it up higher without losing torque at lower rpms. But yeah your right a 13 speed transmission could probably get a lawnmower to 100mph

They are both great engines. The obr 34 will have more power but not by much you may be able to gear up about 2 teeth on your pinion which if you go from 20-22 would equal maybe a 5-10% increase in performance. You can’t go wrong either way.
Thanks, that’s just the kind of thing I was wondering. Because I mainly wanted to know how significant of a difference it really is for about a roughly 200$ difference in price. Because I feel like even though I absolutely love my obr engine it’d still be more convenient if I just have an esp engine and stick with a conventional cylinder port intake. Plus with a Bartolone pipe on it I’m sure it’ll still rip with either engine

Seems like we're not on a level playing field with all these engine builders tho...even with big auto manufacturers fiddle the numbers...i remember a generation of mustangs had more power than advertised...which was a benefit

Thanks, that’s just the kind of thing I was wondering. Because I mainly wanted to know how significant of a difference it really is for about a roughly 200$ difference in price. Because I feel like even though I absolutely love my obr engine it’d still be more convenient if I just have an esp engine and stick with a conventional cylinder port intake. Plus with a Bartolone pipe on it I’m sure it’ll still rip with either engine
If I had to buy another engine I’d probably get a reed case and an esp head kit over an obr it’s not really the price difference that bugs me it’s the fact that you have to wait so god damn long for obr to build the engine

If I had to buy another engine I’d probably get a reed case and an esp head kit over an obr it’s not really the price difference that bugs me it’s the fact that you have to wait so god damn long for obr to build the engine
Man I had to wait a little over 4 weeks if I remember correctly for my obr engine to come. Which they said they were still behind from the COVID shutdown is part of the reason they had a delay on engine times. Surprisingly I didn’t mind that, the thing that made me the most mad was when fedex delayed my delivery after I was anticipating it to arrive the whole day lmao

Man I had to wait a little over 4 weeks if I remember correctly for my obr engine to come. Which they said they were still behind from the COVID shutdown is part of the reason they had a delay on engine times. Surprisingly I didn’t mind that, the thing that made me the most mad was when fedex delayed my delivery after I was anticipating it to arrive the whole day lmao
Yeah they are worth the money but I don’t know if they are worth the time

Yep, was about 5 weeks for mine as well.

Mine 30.5 only took 16 days back in December 2019 ? really depends on the time of year , and I'm sure carona feks with it as well.
I wonder if I ordered one this week if it’d be here before they go on break for Christmas

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks