Exhaust recommendations for Losi 5t 2.0?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
This is the location of the bolt that was giving me problems. The MIP kit(thank you dougstar) is installed in the pic though.
20180915_221351.jpg

The angle of the header makes it difficult to get a stock bolt tight. It would always back out
20180915_220817.jpg

Ball ends wouldn't really get in there either....exhaust kept spitting all over the crankcase and rear brakes. The MIP kit (thanks dougstar) solved that issue. Twisted wire keeps the bolt from backing out.

Last edited:
:unsure::oops::banghead:You know what.....you are 1000% correct. Its the MIP kit i have on there. I had the bart kit on the DBXL w/Jetpro pipe. The Bart kit
http://www.davesmotors.com/Bartolone-Racing-Pipe-Wire-Kit.html
did NOT work with the angle of the Victory header....same issue as if you were to use stock bolts....i tried the bart kit first(cause it held the jetpro on the DBXL).
** I edited the original post with the correct info.**

I tried the Stage 8 kit next.
http://www.davesmotors.com/Bartolone-Racing-Pipe-Wire-Kit.html
Didnt work for me with the either with theVictory header. The spacers put the bolt head really far out and i could never get the those stoppers in a position where they would actually do their job...plus the spacer deformed a litte cause i over tightened it...threw one out...which is why there is only one in the pic
Screenshot_20180916-020814_Gallery.jpg

MIP kit works. Regular small wrench to tighten...thread the head and twist the wire. Not possible for it to back out.
Sorry about the wrong info earlier.

Im pretty new to this game and all I know so far is what I read, I was under the impression that Bartolini was a pretty good exhaust system but none of you guys mention it. Whats the deal ? I was seriously thinking of getting a Bartolini when I got my 5t , should I be looking at other systems?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks