Extremely disappointed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big arc marks and chatter. Looks used a big fly cutter to remove bulk of material before doing finishing. Looks like was taken in one depth cut. Being that thin it should have ben done in multipule steps to cut down on vibrations. We do it on the stuff we do. Real light cuts in a few passes so as to not cause a vibration and leave cutter marks. Instead of all at once.

Think he's talking about this , am i right @AnubisBC ?
View attachment 61897

That is correct, that whole section looks like complete shite. I was pretty disappointed that OBR sent something like that out, but then I realized they're just as much on the hook for their inventory, and I had already waited a month to get the motor. The season was winding down and I wouldn't get a chance to run it in before the winter if I sent it back over this and had to wait another month.

It's not OBR's fault, and it's just aesthetic and completely invisible once the motor is completely assembled, so I'll live with it. But I think TR should feel ashamed for such half assed work. The case is otherwise completely gorgeous.

That's what happens when you crank up the feed rates and quality turns to quantity over time.......greedy.

Not necessarily on feed rates. You should hear and see what happens with a brand new 1/2 carbide endmill sometimes. Squeal city no matter what you do on speeds and feeds. We sometimes just take a sharpening stone ultra lightly to it just to take a litle sharpness off of it. Than fine and can run faster speeds and feeds with no chatter. Pretty rare for this to happen but one every 8 or 9 years maybe we run into one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks