Fs racing thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now my parts are starting to come in from FSHOPUPS and first up are the steel gears 30/33-23/26 are working well with the 180mm proline excavator tire set-up :D
I haven't run this truck since last year and 2 pulls on that 28.5 cy and were are running with no starter box no glow ingniter and it runs longer that 10 minute run time lol why is nitro still popular when these big bad monsters are so much fun :celebrate:

may see another 5th scale in my stable soon

I know its an old post, but could you tell me if you found a rear diff that holds up.

Thanks, It appears that I bent the rear diff some how and the one tire on the right is really wobbly. The rear shafts have been changed and when I took it apart I notice that it was the rear diff.. So I guess I have to change the gear set now.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I know its an old post, but could you tell me if you found a rear diff that holds up.

Thanks, It appears that I bent the rear diff some how and the one tire on the right is really wobbly. The rear shafts have been changed and when I took it apart I notice that it was the rear diff.. So I guess I have to change the gear set now.

Thanks.

I am in Stoney Creek, I can take a look at it for you before the snow is gone so you can be set up for the summer.

Most have said the mcd lsd is nice. they aren't cheap though.

I would also check out the fs racing forum. there is a sweet dif mod there that David or Lee did to the difs

Most have said the mcd lsd is nice. they aren't cheap though.

I would also check out the fs racing forum. there is a sweet dif mod there that David or Lee did to the difs

I did that mid using the fg grease and it is tight to say the least. Once all the upgrades arrive I will throw it together but the amount of stiffness in the diff from the mod is fantastic.

I am in Stoney Creek, I can take a look at it for you before the snow is gone so you can be set up for the summer.

Small world, I grew up in Stoney Creek in the area of Paramount and Mud Street.

I just have the entire truck ripped apart right now. Just getting it ready for summer. I have ordered the rear diff gears. It appears that the actual gear is bent causing the rear shaft to have a slight wobble.

What grease do you recommend. That sounds great if you can give me a hand.

Thanks, just let me know what works for you.

Ed

Good luck with you FS .I love mine if you stick with it the fun factor always gets better.all brands upgrade it is just a rc addiction thing.Fshopus is the great place for the upgrades .:D I have many of them an want more.

Here are a few pics, let me know what you think.

I replaced the stock exhaust with a Jetpro pipe, I bought a 5 cell NiMH battery for the electronics.

What else can be done? Hope the pics are ok.

Attachments

• P1080051.jpg
    P1080051.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 24
  • P1080052.jpg
    P1080052.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 22
  • P1080056.jpg
    P1080056.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 27
  • P1080064.jpg
    P1080064.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 23
It does have the CF look to it, I am not to fond of it. It will do for now.

The chassis plate is Carbon Fiber, Was told it is an upgrade. Not alot flex to it, so it handles well.

Here are a few pics, let me know what you think.

I replaced the stock exhaust with a Jetpro pipe, I bought a 5 cell NiMH battery for the electronics.

What else can be done? Hope the pics are ok.

Hey that looks great. It looks like the FS King Kong. I have one and it takes a beating. I recently bought a Cen Matric 5MT and all it is the same so all the parts can be used.

Nice ride.. What kind of pipe are you running??

The pipe is a jetpro, not sure of the model. But it was selling for $199, I bought a few more parts at the time and got it for $150.

Pretty sure it is a middle of the road model, but sure looks and sounds great.

It does give it way more bottom end jump, Top end is louder but faster.

Let me know what you end up getting for used parts, and how much.

I need to compare some used prices to new, see what is worth it and what is being sold used for to much.

I have not had a close look, I will be breaking it down this weekend and over hauling alot of things, cleaning it up, etc.

FS, any idea as to some better tires and rims? Seems like parts are hard to find for this thing. I am sure I can get them new, but there are better/upgrade parts used out there I am sure.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks