Fs racing thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sickboy,

do you make any kind of front chassis brace to prevent a curl like my pic above. I was thinking of making a flat brace in essence doubling the front chassis. Or some kind of bumper that at least protects.

As in general I like my fs , I just wish I would have gotten a truck instead of a buggy. The where both $400 at the time.

FS Racing MT

This is my FS MT.
At least thats what it started out as, guess it's more Buggy than MT now :cool:

This is what i done so far:

-Replaced all bearings with sealed SKF.
-All new electronics and killswitch.
-New shocks.
-New wheels.
-Steel gears.
-New airfilter.
-New fuellines.
-Diff mod
-New flange on the pipe so it fits the exhaust port.
-Removed the choke.
-changed the front bumper a bit.

Next on the wishlist is Zenoah G270RC and MCD diffs.
Alloy servotray, diffcarriers, gearplate,centerdiff and brake holders wouldnt hurt either ;D

The truck runs and handle pretty well now but i have problems with the E-clips on the gears tend to fall off.
Guess ill have to drill the axles out, get me some tapering tools and put bolts in to secure the gears, or does anyone have other tips?
There is also to much play in the steering.

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

e clips on trans gears

Nice mods on your fs mt - buggy or now modified buggy. I have not experienced the eclip issue and have run two gal of gas through my fs mt. My original trans gears just wore down to where I am replacing them with metal ones. One of the first things I did after rebuilding the diff - broke after 1st run was to install 4wd. The fs mt is a big learning experience. The chinese make most items sub par and rushed. I would recommend 4wd install to divert some of the power. The 30cc engine gives too much power to the gears.

fs mt loose steering

Get the aluminum servo tray. It will allow you to install hitec servos. Spend the extra money and get the metal gear ones. If you haven't upgraded to dual steering servos, now is the time. My steering is now awesome and well worth it. The fs is a big challenge. My 11yr old son wanted one but I got him a modified baja 5B instead. I just don't have the time for two projects. I love my fs mt but only enough love for one buggy.

Yeah...the truck is allready 4WD.

Running 2x hitec 755mg for steering and 645mg on throttle/brake, with a little "help" they fit in the original tray to;)

But an alloy servotray is absolutely on my wishlist.

My oldest son is only 5 so he is runing a re-release Tamiya Hornet which was also the first "real" rc car i had.
Guess the FS will be his in a few years when i hopefully has managed to get me a real MCD.

Last edited:
Brake Question - help - - -

I have a FS 4wd Monster truck. I rebuilt both differentials and relplaced the drive gear with metal ones. It was a 4hr project. Now the brakes or what FS calls the clutch - the round slotted metal discs that stop the truck, are hanging up. The truck wants to stop on its own and not roll freely. At speed the truck seems fine. At a crawl or just hitting the throttle, the truck does not roll or run well. I think the brake discs may be warped - not sure.

Has anyone else had this issue ?
if so what did you do ?
ALso, I thought about just running it that way to wear them to where they will turn ok.

Your input is appreciated. Eric

haven't had that problem yet but did you make sure that have all your pieces back in correct order . and poss throttle linkage dragging ?? gear on the plate ?
just a thought since u were in that area . :gun_bandana:

New To Large scale rc

Hi , Ive just received my fs 2wd truck 2 weeks ago & ive stripped the main gears . can Someone advise whats best to replace them with ? Aloy or steel & what else am i to expect to break next .

Thanks Kamitiro Fan
I will get the steel gears & a 4wd kit so i can try and keep the thing going straight.
Can Any one advise me on where to buy parts in oz

Hi Im New to 1/5 scale & have a FS MT . I Need a bit of advice On Fitting A 4wd kit to my truck . Do i need to put grease into the front diff or do you run them dry ??? . The reason i ask is because The main gear box runs dry. Anouther thing Has anyone spun the square drive out of the rims.

I was just on the FS site and was wondering,are the FS cars exactly the same copy as the MCD?If so the diffs are a fraction of the price of the originals and I was thinking of converting my rally to an RR.
Any help please men.
J.

I've been gone for a while, I do miss large scale, but I do not miss my fs, I would get another one, it had way to many problems and was way to much money to make decent.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks