G340 full mod won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First problem is Those quick connects, I have many engines and attempted to use those on an obr Reed 32....to no avail they were chocking the fuel delivery....remove them....

next take carb completely off drop in a few droplets of fuel with plug in. Raise vehicle “Wheels up”....it’ll start and rev high as hell for about 4 seconds then die...This is how to unflood engine.

next put carb and gaskets back in place with out quick connects ...good luck....

First problem is Those quick connects, I have many engines and attempted to use those on an obr Reed 32....to no avail they were chocking the fuel delivery....remove them....

next take carb completely off drop in a few droplets of fuel with plug in. Raise vehicle “Wheels up”....it’ll start and rev high as hell for about 4 seconds then die...This is how to unflood engine.

next put carb and gaskets back in place with out quick connects ...good luck....
I tried carb off and fuel directly into the cylinder. Admittedly the wheels were on the ground. It didn't even try to fire. I also did a compression test and got about 110 psi. I ran out of ideas. The engine is on its way to OBR so they can take a look.

?I didnt read that you replaced the spark plug after you found the wires were not connected to the coil and you seen the plug was wet. Did you put a fresh plug in after that was found? I still think it is carb setting being too rich on the lsn
Yes, I did get another new plug. Well stock carb setting for the low on 990 is 1 1\8. I normally run between 1 and 1 1\16. But when I have trouble starting, one of the first things I do is reset it to stock.

Based on his 110 psi compression, I'm guessing the piston / cylinder were scored. Unless he didn't use a proper small engine compression gaugeto take the reading.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks