Here we go!!! New release primal rc monster truck thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point. But you know the RC community if it doesn't fit we will make it fit. "Gimme the hammer boy!".

Edit. I just had a thought. Maybe the issue is purely a visual one and if it had softer shocks it would look more right when it moves.

It appears to be a mini-bike motor and clutch.
These can take the bike plus passenger.

Is there room for a 2-speed?
Is there room / are there options on an uprated motor / clutch?

What motors are there available for the mini-bikes?
Al.

Im not seeing anything to get me drooling. That chassis looks to carry a very high center of gravity, and it looks HEAVY. If your want is slow speed technical terrain then maybe this MT is a great fit, but most RC'rs want it all, raw power, sick top speeds and crazy air time .

I like it a lot. I have room to run & work on it. If I can load a 80lb sack of concrete from the ground to the back of our truck then there should be no problem picking up that truck to put in the back of our truck or work bench with out the help of others. I will probably get one but I never buy anything new on first run of production to give them time to work out any problems or weak spots that will arise. I been wanting one of primal dragsters but we live in the country & have no pavement to race or tune on close to our house. Considering we paid around $1,000 each for our HPI 5B's, $1,500 for our Losi 5T's, & $2,000 for Kraken Vetka5 with Kraken Mod motor, I don't think the piece is to high for what you are getting. A lot of engineering went into that rig.

$2600 is a LOT of coin for someone to drop on a brand new untested RTR platform. I agree, the initial offering of RTR just doesn't make sense. This truck IMO is aimed at the advanced RC enthusiast, not a novice RTR. Bottom line, 80 lbs is a LOT of mass to move. I get concerned when I see so much alloy components mated because alloy passes elevated impact stresses to your composite components causing they to fail. Choosing alloy so as to not compromise the overall chassis integrity is key. Do some simple match, if you have a 38# 1/5 scale and an engine putting out 4 hp you have your baseline performance output you have a power to weight ratio of .1 hp per lb of weight. If you have a 80 lb truck you need double the hp to achieve the same expected performance. This is all in theory numbers, not factoring in "rolling resistance" which is a substantial factor in your final observed performance. If the Primal MT uses a proprietary clutch and engine design that's very risky as far as market acceptance. Hobbists LOVE to mod period. If you have an oddball proprietary deign you seriously limit the hop-up potential therefore limiting sales. I think if the Primal MT had a high/low range 2 speed transfer case setup and a totally waterproof design for serious mud bog runs it could be more justifiable IMO . You have toi admire Primal's initiative for designing something new. I could be wrong , i'm no marketing expert, maybe this Primal platform will be successful. Time will tell...

Last edited:
I seen on a Facebook forum the owner said they are talking to ALX, RCmax, and OBR about suppling engines in the truck.

At least that is what the owner said.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks