How to reverse a servo direction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Ok seems like a simple question...with a simple solution. Reverse the servo in the TX. Well not that easy on the Raminator. The throttle is also tied to the brake servo...i.e. you pull the trigger and the throttle servo pulls open the carburetor and the brake servo moves releasing any brakes. You hit the brakes and the brakes apply and the throttle servo moves opposite direction to release and close over the carburetor. Well the Savox servo is going the wrong direction. It is going the opposite way I need it to. I.e. I hit the gas it is closing the carb...hit brakes opens carb. Cant reverse it at the transmitter as then it give me the wrong effect at the brake servo. Am I missing a simple resolution to this somewhere? How do I go about fixing this issue so I can run my new servos? Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Nope...nor the servo base on the set up...same exact issue with my reverse servo lol..i know they sell servo reverser switches that you can put inline...maybe im gonna have to go that route.
Here is a pic of the throttle servo...the tranny servo is the same...just sits behind it facing opposite way. I didnt even install the new servos..I had this weird gut feeling and powered em up off the truck before installing to check this issue. A dude on YouTube ran into this issue I remember on his brake servo...ended up getting a revering switch for it.
20210227_140657.jpg

Yeah I think wate all missing something here. Reversing a servo is done with the TX. The reverse units do the same as the tx.
Wait theres 2 servos on it, one for brake and one for throttle? If so you need to go into the mix settings for the throttle and brake servos and reverse the throttle servo. Should show you how to do it in your manual for the radio.

Only have 4 channels...thus channel 1 is steering, 2 is throttle and brake, 3 is killswitch and 4 is reverse...looks like gonna have to get servo reversing circuit. Ill reach out to Savox on Monday and see what they say.

Yeah I figured a 4 channel would work based on how Primal has the truck wired only using 4 channels...sigh. I guess ill need to get the servo switch...here is the factory wiring from Primal. Thanks fellas!! And fully agreed Milo...just got it yesterday so will be doing a bunch of reading ro get familiar.

Screenshot_20210227-152900_Drive.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks