Hpi 5sc refresh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. Is there anyway to determine if the A-arms are RPM? The rear bumper support says RPM but wasnt sure if all their pieces are labeled or not.

Also are there any differences between a 5T and 5B besides body mounts? This one is a 5T.

Tallied up what needs to be fixed, replaced etc.

New air filter
New fuel lines
Front bumper support
New rear shock shaft
New radio with killswitch

The truck has all the bases covered in terms of reliability and performance IMO. Any suggestions on what I should add or change to the setup?

Tallied up what needs to be fixed, replaced etc.

New air filter
New fuel lines
Front bumper support
New rear shock shaft
New radio with killswitch

The truck has all the bases covered in terms of reliability and performance IMO. Any suggestions on what I should add or change to the setup?
I'd go with axles and a transmission plate. Those give me gripe. Also it looks like in your picture of the shock your missing a axle cup ? Is that right or just the angle?

I'd go with axles and a transmission plate. Those give me gripe. Also it looks like in your picture of the shock your missing a axle cup ? Is that right or just the angle?
I think it has an aftermarket transmission plate if you are referring to the aluminum plate that the transmission bolts too. It also has the enclosed cups where the axle shaft itself cannot come out of the cup. Axle cups are all there must be the picture, the boots are all torn as well.

Good luck finding the HPI shock shaft anywhere. I had to use Rovan when mine snapped. They're a beast to get the seal to loosen up on the shaft when you first get one, but they work just fine.
Not sure they are stock shafts or TR, is there a way to identify then?

Turtle Racing never made shock shafts. The HPI 5T came with VVC/HD shocks that have a 6mm shaft. Phat Dad used to make a high strength shaft before that for the 4mm 5b shocks. I think they were threaded on both ends, but haven't been manufactured in years, so it's kind of a moot point. You're only real option now is fully replacing them with Rovan/clone parts, buying new IRC big bores, or going on a quest to the darkest bowels of the second hand market and paying out the nose for genuine HPI parts. If you take the shock down and post pics of it, I'll be we can tell you the make. HPI shocks and Rovans have very different internals.

Turtle Racing never made shock shafts. The HPI 5T came with VVC/HD shocks that have a 6mm shaft. Phat Dad used to make a high strength shaft before that for the 4mm 5b shocks. I think they were threaded on both ends, but haven't been manufactured in years, so it's kind of a moot point. You're only real option now is fully replacing them with Rovan/clone parts, buying new IRC big bores, or going on a quest to the darkest bowels of the second hand market and paying out the nose for genuine HPI parts. If you take the shock down and post pics of it, I'll be we can tell you the make. HPI shocks and Rovans have very different internals.
Miss read shock shafts as "stock shafts". I found a few replacement shafts on ebay etc. have to measure the shaft size first. I would prefer just to change out the shaft if possible as the shocks are still in good shape still.

Losi shocks on the second hand market aren't that much cheaper than going the IRC big bore route (if you can find them). I think Broke was just looking to get his new rig up and running. Judging by his previous threads, budget is key here, hence my suggestions.

@brokestroke, for drive shafts, it looks like you're already running FLM 4ever drives or some other manner of aftermarket drive and cup kit. If the cups aren't shredded and the drives don't look twisted, you should be good to go there at least for now.

Losi shocks on the second hand market aren't that much cheaper than going the IRC big bore route (if you can find them). I think Broke was just looking to get his new rig up and running. Judging by his previous threads, budget is key here, hence my suggestions.

@brokestroke, for drive shafts, it looks like you're already running FLM 4ever drives or some other manner of aftermarket drive and cup kit. If the cups aren't shredded and the drives don't look twisted, you should be good to go there at least for now.

Blue losi shocks are much cheaper, can usually pick a full set of 4 up for $100.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks