Hpi 5sc refresh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went ahead and just got a replacement shaft. Got all the rest of the parts needed to get it going while I was at it.

5sc body (clone)
Filters
Fuel lines
Bumper brace
Radio/transmitter
Kill switch
Clips
Shock shaft

Got about $750 into the whole thing now. I don't think it needs anything else until something breaks. Kind of nice buying a rig that already has all the aftermarket parts. Calculated that the original owner had about $2600+/- into it including the purchase price when new.

Last edited:
Ill wait on that modification until its needed. Planning on doing a lot of jumping so it may be sooner than later. There are no tracks around here and Im not really into flat landing it. I live in an area with lots of dunes and rolling hills. Thinking about building a wood kicker ramp to carry around and using in addition to the natural terrain to hit some big gaps and step-ups.

Time to ditch this thread since we're done deciphering ads for you, and get you in your own hpi baja thread. Get some brap vids and youtube it and post it. Black looks mint and clean. Admire your dedication to the abomination rig, even with all of us routing against it😁.. Nice transition into a prideable rig brother 👍
Thanks, had the thread title changed so I don't need to start a new thread.

Got most of the parts in today, still waiting on a few. Switching from Yamlube to Klotz. That Yamlube is the most terrible smelling poop I have ever ran.

20210719_124958.jpg

Just keep an eye on the dynamite failsafe. Some have good luck some do not. Always double check and make sure its working proper and kills your rc before every bash. Down the road I suggest the killer rc killer bee failsafe kit.
https://www.killerrc.com/products/super-bee-kill-switch-car-kit
Fingers crossed, thanks for the advice. Kind of knew it could be a gamble but I was just being cheap.

The front was a little bland so I decided on a couple more decals.
1626714452202.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks