Hpi 5sc refresh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rear bulkhead is fine in plastic.
Great. Im in Michigan so the front bulkhead should be here pretty quick from DetroitRC.

Are there any other parts (besides shocks) that would be a "must have" or a "while your at it" part to get?

Yes yes......what ever
Come On Reaction GIF

I would have just stayed with plastic bulkheads 🤔👍🏻 i have 3 bajas and only trashed on front one so far👍🏻 5t twin . Bought a plastic replacement

Well Ive got nothing valid to say besides I wanted it and it looks pretty.

All kidding aside this is my logic. Since the 5sc was partially built I would like to finish it as something that is damn near bullet proof (I know thats not possible). With the added strength of the RPM arms I felt it to be a good upgrade to the "core" of the 5sc. Will the RPM arms flex enough that nothing happens or will the pins bend???

On the Baja of yours that broke a bulk head, were you running plastic or aluminum arms?

Everything from Team Chase seems to be going out of stock and the only thing really available was the shock uprights. Figured I might as well pick up a set before they go out of stock.

BTW. @DougStar I see you are running a long arm kit and it does not appear you can get a plastic LAK anywhere. I understand the advantages of the LAK for big bore/twin etc. Would it make sense if a company started producing a Long Arm out of plastic like the RPM products? I only ask this because you have aluminum attached to plastic, (aluminum arms, plastic bulkhead). Maybe Im wrong but besides flat land they seem pretty vulnerable if you were to say, take it to a dirt bike track (especially with aluminum attached to aluminum). If I had a big bore I would be tempted to take it to a bike track with some nice gaps and use the power to try and clear doubles, etc.

Big bores are not traditionally cars to jump with🤔 iv have my bajas for a good few years now and the setup is just about perfect 👌. Kraken did make extended arms years ago and have since been discontinued
Is that more because or engine weight, lack of handling, don't want to bang up the investment? I knows its not tradition but I draw some comparisons between big bores and built fullsize trucks. Similar to 1200hp rear engine sand rails launching a dune, or 2000hp mega trucks running hill-n-hole.

Its gunna handle like complete ass. Too heavy, too much power, and bad weight distribution. Guarentee a smaller motor will smack any bigbore on a track . They are mainly for flat land straight line. Also don't do too well with jumping becuase of weight

Its gunna handle like complete ass. Too heavy, too much power, and bad weight distribution. Guarentee a smaller motor will smack any bigbore on a track . They are mainly for flat land straight line. Also don't do too well with jumping becuase of weight
Thanks for clearing it up.

Well Ive got nothing valid to say besides I wanted it and it looks pretty.

All kidding aside this is my logic. Since the 5sc was partially built I would like to finish it as something that is damn near bullet proof (I know thats not possible). With the added strength of the RPM arms I felt it to be a good upgrade to the "core" of the 5sc. Will the RPM arms flex enough that nothing happens or will the pins bend???

On the Baja of yours that broke a bulk head, were you running plastic or aluminum arms?
Just saw this now. Personally for me I have never really broke anything in the rear (other then axles). Weather it be arms, bulkheads, pins whatever. The only time I did was when I smashed into a curb. But for offroad use it will be fine (the plastic bulkheads) and the rpm arms also will flex and absorb damage. I doubt you'll bend a pin either (with plastic arms)
Everything from Team Chase seems to be going out of stock and the only thing really available was the shock uprights. Figured I might as well pick up a set before they go out of stock.

BTW. @DougStar I see you are running a long arm kit and it does not appear you can get a plastic LAK anywhere. I understand the advantages of the LAK for big bore/twin etc. Would it make sense if a company started producing a Long Arm out of plastic like the RPM products? I only ask this because you have aluminum attached to plastic, (aluminum arms, plastic bulkhead). Maybe Im wrong but besides flat land they seem pretty vulnerable if you were to say, take it to a dirt bike track (especially with aluminum attached to aluminum). If I had a big bore I would be tempted to take it to a bike track with some nice gaps and use the power to try and clear doubles, etc.
The Team chase uprights are a good move too. They are extremely strong, and with my use ive even managed to warp one. But they are way better then the stock ones which without a doubt would have broke . And most people will never warp them, how I did it was I tried to jump a gutter going 45mph and it flipped like 5ft in the air and landed on the rear shock area. Most people don't do that

Got the radio hooked up today and a new battery in it. The servo saver is pretty damn weak, even with the spring tightened down. Is a stock replacement worth it or just spring for an aftermarket ackerman and saver like the one TR makes?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks