Just got an FG Monster Beetle!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi 1Coopgt,

I thing caught was the wrong word. I need to activate the break when I hit revere on the remote but it goes in the wrong direction.

Just need to know how to setup brakes properly for an FG.

Thank you!

Hi Dougstar,

If I am throttling the brake is also being applied. Not sure how to make it only throttle and then brake when I pull forward on the trigger.

Got it sorted. Had the throttle connector on facing upwards instead of downward. All set now.

Thank you Dougstar! Going out today to break in the engine.

Took it out today and did a tank idle break-in. Idles smoothly and quietly with the FG tuned pipe.

Also was able to drive around a little on second tank. Power band needs adjusting but all is good right now.

Thank you everyone for helping me get this going! I truely appreciate it!

Looking to break in some more this coming weekend. I did notice that after the engine was all warmed up, the speed was there. One questions though.

When I am first taking it out, I have to pull the throttle trigger all the way back. Once it moves, I can let go a little and then pull the trigger again for more power. Is that normal?

Thank you!

Gave this to my Brother in Law and he has now given it back to me.

Going to do a thorough cleaning as it is muddy as all get out!

Still starts right up so that is good!

Looking to break in some more this coming weekend. I did notice that after the engine was all warmed up, the speed was there. One questions though.

When I am first taking it out, I have to pull the throttle trigger all the way back. Once it moves, I can let go a little and then pull the trigger again for more power. Is that normal?

Thank you!
Possibly rich condition, try leaning the low needle a little.

So tuned the engine a little more and now it goes pretty Good!

Happy with it for now but will do some upgrades down the road. At the moment, about to place an order for a new RC.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks